ES Recruitment Drive
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
How to start a fight? General Debut question.
Intro, you can ignore it:
I've played Toribash for two days now, really enjoyed the concept. When you're practicing, you have all the time in the world. Ghost is very clear, I can patiently get what I want and I can experiment. My first vs CPU replay was really enjoyable and fun. But I would very much like to leave Uke and go in field. And in multiplayer mode, I'm getting bashed reaaaal easy by anyone just because I still can't really get the movements I want fast enough. I'm using Z, X and C shortcuts, trying to maintain my balance and to find crucial spots. And I'm sure practice makes perfect, but I would like to ask for one advice in particular. Please?

My question is:
How do you start a fight?

I mean, you have only 20 secs to get some meaningful results quick. It's way too little. What are your starting points? Do you hold all joints and build on that, or the opposite? Are there some parts that are absolutely crucial and you generally click on them almost every time you start a fight?

I guess both "all hold" and "all relaxed" stances are no good, you're neither offensive nor defensive that way. Am I correct?

I really liked Wooshoo and Wrestilng, but let's stick to Aikido as it's the main course on servers after all. I get that the answer really differs depending on your strategy. But right now my strategy sometimes is either to get in very strange position in the air and get my ass unblanced and kicked in no time, or just to find myself doing the opposite to my expectations.

I've read a couple of manuals. Your personal experience is very much preferred. But any advice or link would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Attached Files
v_my first battle ever.rpl (27.8 KB, 29 views)
Last edited by Vospi; May 30, 2014 at 08:39 AM.