Ranking
Original Post
help me play this game... :c
My time on Toribash is very confusing and I don't ever get a good handle on accuracy or power whenever in a match.
There are moments when I get tapped so gently and I explode into many little pieces; then there are moments where I strike my opponent with all the force i can possibly give and nothing happens, I don't even get any points.

Hardly any time I get a good replay and other times I need shift+space to get any sort of accuracy.

my best replay (took about an hour to put together and all of it went through shift+space.)[im ded]

best multiplayer replay (took forever to get something as beautiful as this was XD)[taekkyon head throw]

confusing replay (I have no idea what happened here, I hit Uke with all the force I had and no dismemberments on Uke happened.)[confusion]

Then there are moments where I cannot get back to my opponent to fight again and I end up jumping away rapidly [Bye Uke]
Attached Files
taekkyon head throw.rpl (80.1 KB, 25 views)
im ded.rpl.rpl (60.5 KB, 11 views)
confusion.rpl (60.5 KB, 7 views)
Bye Uke.rpl (88.5 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by RndmNinja; Feb 19, 2015 at 08:38 PM.
First of all you should watch other replay makers and just really study the way they work and where they hit etc. Second, you hit uke on the wrong places. Take a look at this thread and it might help you understand a bit why you won't get a DM in some situations.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=62999
I can help you with fighting which can help you with making replays.

1:Set a goal for yourself.

2:Choose a mod you are comfortable in.(Mine is Lenshu3ng.TBM)

3:Make a opener for this mod.

4:Fiqure your joints out.

5:Adapt your opener to other mods.

6:Pick up small tricks from youtube. (like grabbing when you are near the edge of the dojo)

7:Aspire to be a better player.

8:Learn to relax and be accurate helps to be direct and damaging.

9:Sparring and Parkour, Parkour helps with and accuracy,and sparring helps with relaxing, and balance.

10:Finally Practice more and go from there.
I said CROOK UP
Hey Rndm.
TB has a steep learning curve indeed, it's a game which takes time to understand and master.
This tutorial summarizes what you need to know to improve.
Modo Bestia
The thing here is that I understand the game entirely... I just suck...
I understand joints, importance of ground control, etc...
However nothing helps me from sucking so much at doing anything in this game...
Time would help. Just play with beginners and try to enjoy. If you enjoy u will be good.
Leon The Black