Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 5.23 beta 1 (Steam, all platforms)
How to get the update:
In your Steam games library, right-click Toribash, select properties, navigate to betas tab and select "beta" branch.

This update mainly contains new main menu. To enable it, input /opt newmenu 1 (or 0 to disable).
Majority of currently used art is temporary and will be changed for next betas and final release.

Screenshots:

Features:

• Nicer looking fullscreen UI
  • Upgraded Matchmaking screen with your ranking info
  • Upgraded Login Rewards screen (shouldn't skip rewards anymore)
  • Your account info on top right bar (head avatar, username, clan, tc, st (currently disabled) and qi)
  • Works with custom player GUI textures (logo, header, splat)
  • Works with custom player sounds

Currently disabled:

• Shiai Balance
  • Atmospheres button (Tools section)
  • Discover button (Mods section)
  • Comeback Practice button (Practice section)
  • No Login Reward on client start (can still be accessed anytime by pressing bottom right button)
  • No way to access Flame Forger and certain other misc tools
  • Only English language (will post translation details later)

Known Bugs:

• Any old running script will get terminated once you open main menu (this includes Torishop)
  • While viewing Home tab, events section will be displayed on top of other scripts that use toriui/uielement.lua manager (this includes clans ui, tc purchase screen and other recently added scripts)
  • Claiming daily reward may freeze and/or crash your game client

Any user who finds a new bug will be rewarded with 10K TC.
All ideas and suggestions are welcome!
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
I don't mean to shit post or anything, but I'm generally curious and I don't know where else I should post this. A few months ago Hampa announced that he and a few other developers were working on "Toribash Next"; a completely different game, that I'm sure you've heard about. But it worries me that there was a new update for this current client of Toribash. I understand that it's just a UI update, and that it doesn't take as much time as adding extreme amounts of content like in other games (ex. TERA, Rainbow Six Siege, etc.), but the fact that there was an update released in the form of artwork worries me to the point that I feel Hampa has slowed his roll on developing "Toribash Next". If you could reply to me confirming or denying my suspicions on this topic, that would be greatly appreciated

Sir and dranix did all of this update on current toribash afaik. I believe Sir did 99% of this update.
Hampa and Dranix are busy working on tb next. Everything is going smoothly : ) This update did not slow down any progress on Next, trust me.
Last edited by tertywerty; Apr 26, 2018 at 06:29 PM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Okay so I found a bug that breaks the game... Had it happen 3/5 times now.

If you go into free play you can't open the menu, you have to close the game and re-open to do anything else.

Nothing else is having a problem it's just free play
The complete main menu is not working for me anymore,not even visible.

There are some errormessages.

here is a pic:
https://imgur.com/a/mHQVUiS

Also, the daily reward system has not worked for me for quite some time now.
Last edited by Kane; May 2, 2018 at 09:55 PM.