Ranking
Original Post
Using Custom Folders
Making this Post because I and others have been having trouble with Toribash Textures

What are Custom folders and how can they help me?
Custom folders are how the game saves and accesses the textures and items for every Tori that you interact with. By using these folders you can create your own Tori to display textures and items in-game.

Why Should I Use Custom Folders?
Custom folders enable the use of in-game Toris to display textures and items. The only requirement is to have the game installed. Custom folders are the fastest and most accurate way to display textures.

Step 1 - Accessing the Custom Folders
Depending on how you downloaded the game and what OS you run, this step may be different from system to system.
For users on Steam Clients, find Toribash in your library, right-click on its icon, and select Properties…

In the window that opens, navigate to the Local Files tab on the left then click on Browse.

A folder on your desktop will open containing Toribash's data. Open the folder named custom

1.3 - You now have access to the custom folders! What now?
The custom folders allow free reign to edit and manipulate any Tori’s files. Texture artists can create their own folders for saving and displaying textures.

Step 2 - Creating a New Folder
Folder names should be short and memorable for easier access. Names like “Set#” Ex. “Set1, Set2, etc..” are memorable and easy to type in-game

Note: DO NOT use a real username when naming your folders. Encountering this user in-game will automatically overwrite your files.

Step 3 - Files
Real users’ custom folders have three components:
- Text files that contain data about the Toris, like force color, hairstyles, and 3D Items.
- Object files that contain the 3D models of items
- Textures [/LEFT]
By replicate these files in our own folder they will be displayed in-game

3.1 - Saving and Loading our own files
In order to have the game display our files four things are important
A - File Name
B- File Format
C- Image Resolution - (128x 128, 256 x 256, 512 x 512)
D - Formatting

Files formatted incorrectly will NOT be displayed in-game

Example of correct formatting
r_thigh.tga
lumbar.tga
j_l_wrist.tga (512 x 512)
j_r_hip.tga

----------

Example of incorrect formatting
R_Thigh.tga
lumbar.png
j_l_wrist.tga (300 x 300 Image Resolution)
hip_j_r.tga

If your file formatting is correct your textures will be displayed in-game. You can also reference other custom folders if you are stuck.

Step 4 - LP’ing
Now that you have correctly formatted and placed your files in the correct folder all you have to do is use the /lp command in-game with the folder’s name. For example, if your folder named set1 your in-game command would be /lp 0 set1. While the command is not case sensitive the spaces are important.
Tip - If you make a change to your texture and want to see the change /lp to a random name then lp back the name you’re trying to see the changes of.

Step 5 - Enjoy!
You now have all you need to use the custom folders for any of your needs. Some helpful tips and shortcuts that will speed up the process even more are.
A - Pin the Custom folder to your bookmarks or create a shortcut on your desktop
B - Have a way to access the folders from your art program when saving
C - Know your Keyboard shortcuts. Use Ctrl + E to export your file with the file format and correct name

FAQ -

Hope this Tutorial helps any artist having problems with toribash textures or finding a fast way to make textures. If you have any questions or critiques about this tutorial feel free to contact me through the forums or discord(In my Signature). I would happy to walk anyone through any problems they’re having. Thanks for reading cant wait to see how this helps people.
l l Fuck Aurarian l l
Mummy#5385