ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Idea]ToriWorld Clan Event
why not make a toriworld map for people in clans
how it works:
1. clans register with 10k
2. make a map of toriworld put the clans that REGISTERED to be there
3. those clans start as villages
4. first clan registered picks the clan they would attack as for the second the third etc.
5. those villages are near each other right? that means you may attack the village near you the winners claim the land of the losers (losers will get eliminated)
6.the last clan remaining wins all the tc

P.S.
the mod they would fight in is either wushu or abd
there must be a GM there to see who won/who lost
GMT is clearly one of the biggest hindrances like bojan said, and that might exactly be why I remember such successful huge replay-making events. They're offline and hence, GMT-independent.

Maybe giving these huge event ideas of bojan a replay-making component could diminish that effect a bit.
Applying this (or trying) to the stuff that involves states and such, you'd for example decide half of a clan-war with a couple of replays from each party, and balance that with a duel by 1 or 2 people of each clan that have similar GMT (or schedules).

That might ease the problem of coordination.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't solve the problem of clans having a lack of commitment.
From what I've seen, that spurs from either difficulty in arranging matches (problem addressed by my previous suggestion), or from the general population that constitutes the clans.

Some clans are merely forum-based and have little activity on this kind of events.
Despite that, my impression is that we mostly have clans of oldtimers and inactive people, who have either moved on to other games, or grew up and have little time for Toribash anymore. It seems that when people get a good hang of the forum it takes little time before they lose interest in the game.

Maybe that's because a lot of people don't have contact with the forum right from the start.
Suggestion that might deserve a thread(?) - adding a button on the menu ingame that would redirect people straight to the forum would likely make people forum-active right from the start and we could have more people participating on this kind of events??

Either that or focusing more on advertising the game would increase the player-base and consequently turn loads of these events feasible.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
YAY its Oblivion and 8OJ4N wow making things like these will make me more interesting ideas :3
i wanted this suggestion because i want to revive the past toribash the fun monthly themed toribash (they usually do it)
I don't have suggestions but I do have advice:

Big events must be more forum based. People are rather prone to post than to go in game and do some stuff. GMT is out of equation and its more likely that this kind of 'forum event' will last longer due to that fact.

There are things that you can't do in game, but it's possible to set graphically on forum. RPG is possible. There is a way to simulate dice.
Card games are possible. I thought the way.
Board games are possible. (the moment you can simulate dice it is possible)

This can be connected with in game stuff, on the most basic level: play one TB match, post replay, extract points from the replay, add it to pre-set mathematical formula, get round number. This number can be used as a virtual dice.
I have board game event that is on hold in GM staff thread based on this solution. It is on hold because GMs doesn't want it to interfere with their current events, and I must uphold that because I need their support. Otherwise you would be playing it already.

With this system every board game would be possible to play on forum, with minimal in game input. I have asked in support for virtual dice add-on for forum post, but TB doesn't have people who can make it and they think it is unnecessary thing. Which, looking from their perspective, is true.

But, as i said, their is another way to do it. It is not possible to cheat with dice roles and...
As a matter of fact, very large, complex, strategy game with cards is prepared and ready to be unleashed based on this system.
It is a Risk board game with many races that are fighting on global map where units are presented with cards and battles are resolved by playing those cards. It is a game I made for me and my friends 20 years ago.
It was crude and had some holes, but I've rewrote it, simplified it as much as possible and now it's ready.
Thing is, it is not connected to Toribash in any way, so I need to transfer it in ToriWorld setting. Map is ready, story is ready, only artwork for all the cards is not finished yet.
I'm thinking to do it, but... I was burned before so I hesitate.
If I decide, I will first set beta testing of it on our forum DSC and see how will it go.

So, my advice for future event makers is: turn to forum, add minimal in game input, use whole clans as players (since every clan has many members so if someone gets inactive, other member can hop in and replace him), prepare good graphical presentation and seek for your ideas in every genre of other games.

All these video and replay events with same idea over and over and over again, tournaments with large brackets where every few days all halts because someones school has started or he got bored... All of that is too common for my taste.
When you serve people same thing for years it is normal that they get bored from it.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Apr 26, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Hmm on the GMT problem : Why not seperate the clans into maybe 3 part-clans with each part-clans have the similar GMT. And there will have to be 3 toriworlds, So each members can compete with other clans with a similar GMT.

* When users have already registered in 1 toriworld the users will not be able to change.
-----
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
Found one: Usurper Event
----
And this one: Golden Skull event

Those events are actually very intresting and amazing
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 26, 2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Shortened down your quote, no need to quote the entire post