Toribash
Original Post
trophy2 chance of a lifetime render
Hi guys!

OK, you all remember trophy2, right? Well, I am going to render a video in trophy2 for someone. BUT, this wont be a standard movie...
  • This movie is going to be in 1080p (that is 1920 x 1080 - your standard 15 inch monitor only does 1024 x 768 )
  • This movie is going to be done with full Anti Aliasing
  • This movie is going to be uploaded to stage 6 so you can watch it in high quality at 1080p, or even download it and burn it to CD to watch on your DVD player
  • This movie is not going to use the standard head textures. You can provide large head textures (256 x 256, 512 x 512, 1024 x 1024) so you wont be able to see any pixelation at all!
  • This movie is going to be a full 500 frames long - a normal replay, from start to finish.

A test frame render, click the image to make it full-size (1080p).

All I need are the head textures you want me to use (at one of the sizes listed - I can use the standard ones, but those with better textures will get priority). A .rpl of the fight, and an optional .pov of the fight if you want to control the camera angles.

As you can see in the preview picture, this will be on a trophy stand, so tight intense battles are what are needed, and they will also look the most awesome! The text sign will be removed, so you can fight over the whole trophy base.

In a few days, I will hold a poll and people can select which one they want rendering, I reserve the right to not include any entries which I think won't work.

Once a winner has been picked, I will render a fast preview video so that you can test that it looks how you want, and so that you can make any last minute changes to camera positions.

Once the final render has started, it cannot be changed. Each frame will take several hours, and I will be rendering on multiple computers to speed this up.

so... Happy fighting...

SlainVeteran

Checklist:
__
| | ... large head textures (2x)
__
| | ... .rpl of the fight
__
| | ... .pov of the fight (optional)

-----

As a side note, you could post a large copy of your own head texture, so that other people can use it if they are too lazy to make one
Last edited by SlainVeteran; Dec 16, 2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added the test frame
I has a flavour
I shall be making the vote within the next couple of days (Tuesday evening UTC most likely). Now is your chance to get in your replays and head textures.

At the moment, the only head textures are my own and Ishi's. In the absence of any other heads, those will be the ones used (I do not have a problem substituting heads onto the wrong players e.g. Ishi's head on Grath's body - so do not expect your head to be used unless it is a HD version)
I has a flavour
I will edit this post later with my head and replays ... but still, my head is the regular size :/
Gynx is a nubby nubly nub nub who nubs around nubbing
I thought CheZDa provided his head for you via IRC, slainvet. :o
i might enter but im a tad lazy atm its half 12 im a bit tierd
Originally Posted by Dexter
if god is with me and if i belived in god and im sure he is in the room with me, i just wish he brought a extention cord

No more submissions! I am now going to remove all the replays that do not work with trophy2 (anything where a body part touches the floor outside of the trophy base area)

After I have removed everything I cannot use, I will put up a vote for each of the replays. With only 3 heads, I will randomly choose 2 to use. I will however still accept heads up until the point where the vote for the replay ends, that way, there is more chance of getting some awesome heads for use.
I has a flavour