Toribash
Original Post
A single player story
Hey guys, i was thinking they should make a story in single player mode. Like, When you first download the game it makes you fight uke (with programmed moves of a pro), and being a noob you lose. But then your saved by some programmed toribash master and he "teaches" you basic openers and how to run and stuff like that. Then he enters you in a tournament and you fight your way to the top and face uke. And hopefully you win and get some random items like Orc or other low tc items.

Now to me, that would be AWESOME! What do y'all think?
Don't act like a boss, Be the boss
Proud Sparrer of the [SKillz] clan.
Eh , well i see what you're getting at , it could be good , but i doubt it'd be of any interest of hampa's to implement it into toribash .
But if it were to be done , i don't think having Uke as would be the best idea , as it stands uke is just seen as a test dummy to be wrecked in madmans or whatever , having presets of possibly hampa or other famous persons such as Swex , mocu , nirs as levels or whatever would be better i guess , or maybe if custom textures were made for the bosses/add(s).
But all in all i don't think this has much of a chance of becoming a real thing in toribash .
I honestly don't see it happening.

There's just too much stuff to tend to as it is , so implementing a story may be fun , but it would be hard on the team to do this and still finish up what they're currently putting out there or currently working on.
Get on IRC and talk to hampa about the topic , if he happens to respond i guess you'd get a better reason as to why it could/couldn't be implemented.
If not , PM someone such as Skulfuk .
Last edited by Lazors; May 6, 2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Merged posts
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
How to program that AI? I know some try to make Uke bot but that thing was so 'random' and stupid that it was a laugh.
How can AI adopt to your moves and fight you successfully in full 3d space? That is the problem you put on the table of some scientist from Japan, and then they would bust their heads for years to solve it, if they ever manage to solve it...

This is not Mortal Kombat where two characters fight in semi-3d space while they are actually standing in one line and have their moves already pre-made, so their opponent can't 'fly away' randomly in x,y,z axis. If you look all those '3d' fighting games you will notice that they never fight in full 3d open space, they are always 'glued' to one planar line. They can shift in other but all is pre-set. They are like on rails, set in 3d space.
Toribash is something completely different.
In Toribash one slight twist of the wrist can have some unforeseen consequences, every move is different. To have AI to adopt to that you will have to be some genius programmer. Not to mention computer rig that would have to calculate that in real time. Ugh, better buy some super-computer from Pentagon in hopes it will be your Uke. XD

Sorry, but even I can tell you that it is impossible and it will never happen in Toribash.

Thing that can be made are cut-scenes in Toribash engine. So your tori can have some conversation with someone that is represented with cut-scene, and even it can move during those cut-scenes with pre-made moves (maybe extracted from some replay) etc....

Movie made of those cut-scenes would be possible, like to have a master of martial arts showing you a move while explaining how he done that, and then cut-scene is over and you are set in front of uke dummy to re-create that move. So when you succeed, another cut-scene starts showing you another move, and so on... Like some kind of tutorial. That would be doable.
It can even set a story or a quest for you like: your master tells you that if you get brown belt in world of Toribash (in multiplayer) come to him again and he will show you some advanced things etc. So when you get a brown belt you have an option to get back to training dojo and see some more cut-scenes and do some more training stuff. Things like that...
Later it can even set a quest for you like: defeat x amount of black belts and you will get a special TC reward or something idk.. That can be presented with cut-scenes and that can be a story in Toribash.
That CAN BE MADE.

But, to have an AI fighting you in full 3d space and not just do a wobbly dance of randomness, sorry but can't happen in TB.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; May 6, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
Yeah, I have to agree with you about the Al part. It just can't be done. But if it was somehow made in maybe 5-10 years that would be amazing.
I don't really see which part is so hard to program. I think the "Fight Uke" works great, actually, doesn't have to be a "wobbly dance of randomness", but maybe more of the starters, and then just plain idling.
Doesn't really have to be anything grand, just Uke upgraded with more starters in different mods. I don't really think it would be too hard.

Though, the idea of well known players demonstrating moves, and cutscenes is great too.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Or maybe the "master" would launch an attack at you and it would be your job to try to dodge it without losing much damage. Yeah and maybe it's not so impossible for uke to fight you like for instant, uke has programmed move uploaded unto him like from some pro sparring replay and you spar with him. Or maybe there can be a script such as people upload replays and you transfer the replay unto ukes folder and its like your sparring with the person who uploaded the replay. But what if you hit him off balance and he doesn't do the moves that were uploaded unto him and instead he just falls to the ground...
Some pro and famous people like hampa,nirs,mocu will have to program uke to move and upload,what if you actually happen to move away when fighting,maybe put some senser thing on you so that uke doesnt loose track of you and keep chasing you?
Are you living the life you really want?
That's the problem, how does one create an AI capable of chasing down a player? How does one manage to create an AI able to adapt to different player movements? It's more complicated than it looks.
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Hm..This sounds cool,but as the others say,the scripts for the AI would be massively complex.
I'd like this in Toribash,but the scripts is too much.
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
That would be interesting, but the enemies are just too easy to beat, I mean take uke as example, in the fight school thingy, he just do shit.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.