Toribash
Original Post
[VIDs]Slycooper's Editing Series!

Hello everyone, I'm learning how to edit in Adobe After
Effects CS6. I want to gradually learn more and more and I plan on doing that
by starting this video series. I want to progressively become better at syncing
and effects, and better my eye at this stuff. I'd appreciate constructive criticism,
thoughts, and comments on ways to improve. Submit your replays [HERE]
I'll try to do these every 7 days.

SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD SO YOU DON'T MISS THE VIDEOS!

Week 1 [Monday July 30, 2012]

Week 2 [Monday August 6, 2012]

Week 3 [Monday August 13, 2012]

Week 4 [Monday August 20, 2012]

Non-Weekly Toribash Videos

Not doing week 5, ending the series here. Thanks for watching, stay tuned!
Last edited by Slycooper; Aug 30, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Beautiful.
The song gettings louder and replay faster at the same time was amazing, i didn't like how the replay changed. If the freerunning replay had that kind of part where's like a huge leap or something it would have been better if there was such thing or something instead of that punch, you get my meaning?
It's All About Expansion
Originally Posted by Danzos View Post
Beautiful.
The song gettings louder and replay faster at the same time was amazing, i didn't like how the replay changed. If the freerunning replay had that kind of part where's like a huge leap or something it would have been better if there was such thing or something instead of that punch, you get my meaning?

I get what you mean, it would have been more dramatic than having a non related replay to it right after.
You uhmm wanted this?

@mods: he told me to post this here don't hurt me
Attached Files
Drop-TheDestroyer.rpl (276.6 KB, 21 views)
Last edited by DropKick; Jul 30, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
ARARA DROPKICK I BAN U POSTIMNG REPLAYS IN MY ART BAORD

that was pretty cool, i like your use of the camera, the shots look intentional and chosen rather than lazy.
i agree with milk tho, came across as one piece, rather than two separate replays, it needed an extra shot befor the second replay, just to link them and keeping the same shader/colour scheme

nice work, looking forward to seeing more.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
tip, i'm "I'm-Naiyls", not "I-am Naiyls"

also thanks for using my music you're awesome i love you etc etc etc
Last edited by CrazyTaco; Aug 6, 2012 at 08:53 AM.
pennis and also dicke and balls
Week 2, the replays only seems to be synced only on few spots with the music and rest is done with effects, perhaps either choose replays with less boomers or pick a bit more fast paced music.
I liked the usage of effects in this one though, only the black stuff in 0:26 is quite ugly IMO.
0:35 was awesome.
Last edited by Jodarok; Aug 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
It's All About Expansion
Originally Posted by Danzos View Post
Week 2, the replays only seems to be synced only on few spots with the music and rest is done with effects, perhaps either choose replays with less boomers or pick a bit more fast paced music.
I liked the usage of effects in this one though, only the black stuff in 0:26 is quite ugly IMO.
0:35 was awesome.

Yeah, syncing is main problem, and I'll be trying to focus on that more than effects in Week 3. Thanks for your input, it's hard to get an idea of what's good and what's bad when you're starting out in this, because not many people critique :c
Awesome color spectrum, timing is ok, and, of course, camera angles are perfect.
Also! In "Week 2" at 0:10, toribash trails looks surprisingly not bad. That's why I'm not sure if will be little better if you would use "/opt trails".
Overall, nice editing skills, Sly!