Toribash
Original Post
Public hotseat server
Playing some Ehotseats gave me an idea:
what if there will be a server, where in unbalanced mod bot will be a hotseat?
Winning gives you something, but it should pretty hard to win(unbalanced mod, remember?)
Ye, it wold give some abusing oportunity, but whatever.
Discuss.
Any mods in mind, I don't see how this is a good idea, maybe you know mods that I don't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Yeah cool idea but even better would be if all players would vote for the next player to be in hotseat which gives everyone a fair chance to play.

Maybe like a cool command to control the hotseat
eg - /vote [name] and each few rounds it changes
Last edited by Quack; Oct 3, 2016 at 09:54 PM.
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
this wouldn't be fair in anyway at all.

Unfair because the hotseat gets to keep playing

unfair if its harder for the hotseat to win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
yeah but im saying after a few games have blown over then players vote for the next hotseat player and so on.
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
I think he was suggesting that it will be a bot in the hotseat, not a human player.
If so, then I think it would take quite a work to make a good bot for fighting mods, even if the mods are tuned to be unfair for human players. Great if it can be done, but I think it won't be easy.
It would be easier (and perhaps more fun), though, if the hotseat server hosts non-fighting mods where the human players have to do a specific task to win and the bot doesn't have to do anything at all.
Example:
DashSora's rodeo and arcade basketball mod. Modify the mod a bit so only one player has to ride the rodeo bull or play the arcade basketball. Move the bot somewhere unreachable and make it win by default, either by initial point or trigger magics.
Also, the bot may change some rules (at least turnframes) for each match so it is harder for players to use pre-made moves.
Step out of your skin, put it in a jar. I thought they were my friends, but they were cannonballs.
Originally Posted by J0Y View Post
I think he was suggesting that it will be a bot in the hotseat, not a human player.
If so, then I think it would take quite a work to make a good bot for fighting mods, even if the mods are tuned to be unfair for human players. Great if it can be done, but I think it won't be easy.
It would be easier (and perhaps more fun), though, if the hotseat server hosts non-fighting mods where the human players have to do a specific task to win and the bot doesn't have to do anything at all.
Example:
DashSora's rodeo and arcade basketball mod. Modify the mod a bit so only one player has to ride the rodeo bull or play the arcade basketball. Move the bot somewhere unreachable and make it win by default, either by initial point or trigger magics.
Also, the bot may change some rules (at least turnframes) for each match so it is harder for players to use pre-made moves.

Exactly!
I can't name much, but there are mods that modifies only one of the player bodies, like sumo_vs_normal.tbm(i think). Advantage in such mod should be on bot's side, so bot could be not really complicated while maintaining difficulty for player. Non-fighting mods are actually quiet great idea, but let bot be involved somehow, like toss the ball to player or whatever, so it wouldn't just stand still.
Well a vote commabd can be really useful.
But what if with this command u can vote Mods in tourney,priv servers,etc.
I think what hotseats can be nice rooms.with the name of HS Aikido/Mushu/etc.
uvuvwevwevwe onyetenyevwe ugwemubwem ossas~