Ranking
Original Post
Receiving A Proper Notification If You Are Disallowed From Posting On A Thread
Some times people receive infractions for posting in a thread they are no longer allowed to because they are unaware that it is in effect.

My suggestion would be a PM from the appropriate staff such as MSquad if it's on a thread in the market sub-forum saying that they have been disallowed from posting in X thread and to post there again would lead to receiving an infraction.

Just an idea that I think would be good for clearer communication between users and staff which would in turn reduce infractions received due to lack of communication or information and would lessen the amount of users who are upset because they feel they did not deserve a certain infraction they received etc.
Last edited by Merc; Jul 26, 2016 at 08:04 AM.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
They always mean it.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Sometimes I say it and don't. All I want is a better offer. When you make them feel they may lose a chance at buying it they up their offer drastically.
Then you're being irresponsible. You shouldn't give an ultimatum like that unless you mean it. It just causes trouble for all parties when you do.
And if they don't report you afterwards that's fine. But if they do report you afterwards, we have to assume they meant it. You won't be told if you were reported or not, but if you want to play it safe they always mean it.

If you don't want to play it safe, then you are playing it fast and loose with the harassment rules, because there are also plenty of people who don't want to put up with stupidly low offers.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Well I guess if they say "no get out" either take it and don't post or PM an offer if need be. Still, if they PM a mod "If this guy posts in this thread please give him an infraction" then a PM from staff to the guy would be useful to avoid him posting further had he not realized he would receive an infraction for it. So thoughts?
Once again, you don't need to PM a mod with this.

Just tell them not to post and if they do, report the post with a link to where you told them not to post (if its not on the same page at least)

Mods don't need a non-stop barrage of "if this person posts in my thread infract him" messages. It'll get too much to look out for too quickly.

Just report them.
Ok but when the mods receive the report, instead of sending an infraction wouldn't a warning of "1 more post on that thread and you'll receive an infraction" be more appropriate as they are just now finding out that they are legally banned from that thread?
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
Ok but when the mods receive the report, instead of sending an infraction wouldn't a warning of "1 more post on that thread and you'll receive an infraction" be more appropriate as they are just now finding out that they are legally banned from that thread?

If you tell a person that they aren't allowed to post in your thread, and they do, AND you report it. You can't just turn around to us and say "you should just warn him".

Them being told not to post on a thread is the warning. They only get reported if they ignore the warning.

What are you actually looking for here? We're just repeating the same things now.