Ranking
Original Post
I'm not really sure what to say here.

My previous clan, SMASH, provided me with a real sense of comradeship and whatnot despite its seemingly inherent ability to attract members who quickly became inactive.

And, despite Mr-Deanster's best efforts, I'm unable to find such a feeling in this clan.

I don't know, I just feel disillusioned with this place. Perhaps it's the elitism, which isn't something I'm big on, or perhaps it's my skill level. I mean, veb invited me to this clan without ever having seen me play. Purely on force of personality. And even now, after well over a year of playing the game, I'm only just starting to understand things such as relax fighting.

Along with that, literally half of the member list barely play the game or haven't been seen in some time. It's almost like we're some collective of supposedly elite players who have little connections to one another at all.

I feel that I'd be happier in SMASH, to be honest. To say "grass roots" would be cruel, but I think I fitted in better there.

Perhaps I value clans too highly. There are members that jump from clan to clan, not necessarily quickly, but certainly without feeling. They wear their tag wholly like a badge of rank and ability rather than a symbol of friendship and personality. I feel that taking veb up on his offer is a little like me doing that. No disrespect to him or to the clan intended, but I only joined because I was invited in such a manner. If veb hadn’t contacted me via PM, I wouldnt've even considered the clan because I thought it was well out of my league. I’m not going to go about because “I’m not good enough for this clan”, as I know that that’s a stupid thing to say. I just don’t feel that I belong here.

So, it was a fairly good time staying here, but I’m afraid I'm going to have to disappear.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
I kinda know how you feel bro, their is no unity in this clan. We are struggling to get good members and the one we interest is because of the somewhat star power of veb. I've been having the problem where I cant hire absolutely anyone yet I cant attract the good people either. We need to be a tighter unit as a clan and i can understand the reason for you leaving. We need a big shake up in this clan I guess, it seems a bit unnatural to me. We need our core members back and we also need our leader back.

We need to pull something together otherwise this clan will fail, I feel.

P.S it was a pleasure being your clan mate bro, good luck with the future. The good thing about clans is this, one clan isn't good for everyone. If you feel good about going back to smash coz they are your bro's then do it. Just remember the friends you have here XD
Last edited by Mr-Deanster; Jan 17, 2008 at 10:48 PM.
Jarmund>{#toribash} Dr-Meanster: finish your sentences before pressing enter.
I am kinda feeling the same way, but DAT hates me know so im not going back their =P
ima stick with A for a while.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:
[21:56]<Blam>ManBreakfast: Frunk wants to know why you banned him from IRC
[21:56]<ManBreakfast>oh, fuck
[21:56]=-=Mode #toribash -b Frunk!*Frankie'sip by ManBreakfast
This clan will fail if I am to stay as the leader. I think Deanster, it's time for you to find a new leader or become one yourself.

I am too busy with misc Toribash stuff, and the outside world. I've been feeling that I've let this clan down for some time now.

I'd love to stay within the clan, but I am sorry, I cannot actually help bring this clan together as a leader. That requires effort and love, I have another 10,000 people that need to be seen to, so I can only give you love.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
uhm do you have to leave?
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago:

I'd hate to see the entire clan collapse in my wake. That... wouldn't be a good thing.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
that wouldnt be ): im sorry that all of this is happening.. but i 3vi1, you gotta go with your.. i guess you could say heart. even though toribash isnt that big of a deal
Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post

I'd hate to see the entire clan collapse in my wake. That... wouldn't be a good thing.

It won't.

And for the people who cannot read entirely awesome like Clbck, I am only stepping down from Leadership NOT leaving the clan.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
ok...
well should I try to recruit people?
Or get them interested
[sigpic][/sigpic]
From a looong time ago: