Toribash
Originally Posted by maldiluna View Post
According to your logic, a 1 turn move would be the best wushu move ever.
Do you know that hitting uke in the first turn is actually possible in wushu?
But that sucks. It's not a matter of turns or numbers, your kick could even hit at 350 ed, your opponent could just move laterally or block it and come back later.

I'm testing which method is better, and so far i've only won 1/4 with 3 staged moves, and i haven't lost in 4 games with 2 turn moves.
Hoss.
You are testing which method suits you better. You can't say it is generally better.
The advantage in 3 turn moves is that you have an additional turn to react to what your opponent is doing before attacking. If you don't take use of that it is your own fault. I'm no frequent wushu player but most 3 turn moves I saw have different variations. You can change from a punch to a kick, aim high or low and so on. You are more flexible.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
But, if you use a 3 stage move, and your opponents 2 stage move has a huge reach like my boomkick, you are pretty much screwed. My kick can hit at 275 ed, so to dodge it, you would have to move hella back.

If you look at schecz's heli move, u ll notice that you wont reach him... So, there are pretty good 3 turn moves.
Originally Posted by NutHug View Post
You are testing which method suits you better. You can't say it is generally better.
The advantage in 3 turn moves is that you have an additional turn to react to what your opponent is doing before attacking. If you don't take use of that it is your own fault. I'm no frequent wushu player but most 3 turn moves I saw have different variations. You can change from a punch to a kick, aim high or low and so on. You are more flexible.

As do ALL of my 2 staged moves. If someone hits you the first turn, then runs away, then you won't be able to do anything about it

And hobojoe, 2 staged moves allow for comboes, so even if my first hit missed, i can make the 2nd hit take his/her arms off.
Hoss.
dude some of the best players disagree with you so if i was you i would shut up and realise that they know what there talking about
____
Originally Posted by kooky View Post
dude some of the best players disagree with you so if i was you i would shut up and realise that they know what there talking about
____

But I know what I've been talking about too. I'm one of the room 13 originals.

So why don't you shut up if you have nothing productive to add to the thread.

Back to buisness...
Hoss.
Well, I have been known to play some good wushu. I can tell you this: 3 turn openers work fine. I personally recommend you jumping either sideways or backwards on the first turn, then moving forward, avoid the rush openers that way. 2 Turn Openers work too, just make sure after the first collision you follow it up and chase him to the end. Do NOT be the person who hits the guy on the second turn then makes 0 effort to get back to him just because your winning in points.

If you want to listen to FoXiKz, go ahead, but as NutHug said: there isn't a "better-way", just what best fits your playing style. If you would like me to help you out with creating new openers, or improving your current ones, send me a PM or post in my Tutorial thread about Wushu Comebacks.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
3-stepper in which you jump further away is the safest way to play wushu, because it has no weaknesses (unless you count not being an attack in itself as a weakness).
Your 2-turn opener is useless against many rush moves, one of which is shown in the replay.

With 3 step you have freedom to ponder your approach, since your opponent can't possibly get in your face when you aren't ready for it. Obviously though, not all 3-steppers are the same.
Attached Files
ex1.rpl (16.6 KB, 28 views)
ex2.rpl (30.1 KB, 24 views)
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
3-stepper in which you jump further away is the safest way to play wushu, because it has no weaknesses (unless you count not being an attack in itself as a weakness).
Your 2-turn opener is useless against many rush moves, one of which is shown in the replay.

With 3 step you have freedom to ponder your approach, since your opponent can't possibly get in your face when you aren't ready for it. Obviously though, not all 3-steppers are the same.

Your are right, I surrender, although not everyone is you/kamiko at countering my speedy moves. Also, many of my moves are improved after I see the first move of my opponent, which makes them ever more versatile then your average 3 step move.
Hoss.