ES Recruitment Drive
People right now are lazy/busy even to review apps.
You wouldn't have enough guys willing to train others consistently as the experiment with Bleu proved in the past. ORMO wouldn't subsist as a training org and it was never its purpose to be such an org.

Prmo on the other hand, would need mass acceptance by the actual elite, which is something highly unlikely to happen as the experiment with "The Team" kind of proved.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
then what should we do?
"People become stronger cause there are memories they won't forget."
My answer remains the same from the first page of the thread, but still that's just my opinion
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Maybe we should make PRMO (Pro Replay Maker Organization) but it has
to be made under someone well known within ormo and has extremely good rep. The standards of joining Prmo is basically extremely difficult. the people who think they are good enough will come looking to join Prmo and the people who don't want to join don't have to join. Its not like we are trying to migrate the entire ORMO community but just looking for people who have alot of experience in replay making and know what they are doing also ORMO will still be here but if they want to look for something beyond good they can always join PRMO. But either way it is a solution to "raise the bar" and is just my opinion so feel free to shit on it as you like.
Last edited by JackerFx; May 24, 2013 at 01:42 PM.

I don't understand why make it, since again, there's a bunch of other orgs that are basically the same thing.
I came here to laugh at you
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
changing a landmark like ormo that much sounds like a horrible idea to me

i think you should do the reverse.
raise the bar for ORMO and create a new org for less experienced replay makers, overseen by the ORMO moderators, with a chance to graduate into ORMO.
same result, but doesnt change the landmark known as ORMO and doesnt require, or is easilly accepted by the elite.
I think this is necessary when you have a look at the size of your memberlist

Toribash Texture Mob did it with the Texture Mob Juniors.
eventually the org stood on its own and became GATA.

if you want to raise the bar, you need to find a way to fill the gap underneath you.
Last edited by BenDover; May 24, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
raise the bar for ORMO and create a new org for less experienced replay makers, overseen by the ORMO moderators, with a chance to graduate into ORMO.
same result, but doesnt change the landmark known as ORMO and doesnt require, or is easilly accepted by the elite.

if you want to raise the bar, you need to find a way to fill the gap underneath you.

This gets my vote.
Makes sense.
I like your idea bendover but that would be too much work.
What will we do with the current members?

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post

It's about time I heard this idea again.
beware
the goblin
I guess I have somewhat of a different opinion, coming from the older group who applied earlier and kinda fell into inactivity. There's a couple facets to this for me.

One, you want to reward the active and the proficient. Two, you want to acknowledge past achievement, but not hold prestige over results. Three, dynamics within the organization without segregating it fuels a drive to accomplish.

In greater detail, you want to acknowledge who are active and up-and-coming, or already there, replay makers who are pushing the limits or are consistently amazing. ORMO, in my mind, was about taking the best of the best in terms of creativity and consistency, and pulling them all together into one space where you could bounce ideas and replays off of each other and basically fuel the next great replay. It makes sense then that you take the brightest and the best into the organization, but also make sure they stay active to maintain this sort of environment.

At the same time, however, you want to acknowledge the pioneers and gods of yesteryear. While they may no longer be active, or even all that good any longer, if they made an impression on the replay making circuit, they deserve that recognition. ChezDa isn't active at all, or even in the organization for that matter because he became inactive before the org was even founded. Yet who can deny that Chez probably inspired most replay makers to be the best replay makers they could be? Players who have lost their touch certainly have not lost their appeal. And speaking for myself, even after finding it hard to make a replay I could look at proudly, I can still dissect and marvel at a good replay because of past experience. The skill may be gone, but the eye for skill is still there. I think of this sort of like a hall for history. They may no longer qualify for current standards, but their past work certainly directed the flow of the current pack, and their past experience is still valuable insight. That in itself commands respect.

Lastly, if ORMO is the final frontier of replay making, there's literally a drop in incentive once you've made it. Purely for the sake of bragging rights, I would propose an ORMO-wide competition be held monthly or bimonthly or even every half a year solely for the purpose of giving the opportunity to say, I'm in ORMO, so I'm the best of the population, but I'm also the current best in ORMO, so I'm the best of the best.

Basically, rather than make a replay specifically for a competition, how it would work is there would be a couple categories of replays, like realism, madmen, and overall as an example. Members of both the new and the old can submit a replay made within the past 1/2/6 months for any given category, basically allowing for players to put their best foot forward and seeing how it compares against everyone else in the group. Old replays would not be allowed because it's a measure of current ability, so it rewards activeness, and at the same time provides incentives within the organization to share their fruits of their labor in what hopefully would be a friendly competition. It also allows a measure to see who is improving and who is at their prime. Constant winners can be acknowledged for their consistent effort, while upsets can shed some light on who might be approaching their golden age.

That's my cent in, probably have a second cent lying about but I can't pull it out of my head just yet.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games