ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Advice
I had an idea for multiplayer that i thought would be really cool. (but also probably impossibly difficult)

An advice option.

The way this would work, is that the spectators (and the people in queue) would see a button under the fighters' names that says "give advice." When you click it, you would be able to control the tori you're giving advice to. Then, when you've press space, the corresponding fighter will get a notification saying "[insert name] wants to give you advice!" and there'll be a button that says "accept" and a button that says "decline." if you press accept, your toris joints will change to whatever the advice giver did to them. and if you don't like it you can just change it back blah blah blah. also if you accept the advice and press space, it'll say that you took it the in the chat.

down sides:
bad advice.
beginners just taking advice from a pro every time.
flooding of advice.

and, of course, this could be enabled and disabled. it'd be really helpful for sparring and such.
replays pls cnc me
No, this would be silly, betting wouldn't work because anybody could be controlling the Tori, same with duels..

It would take out the competitive aspect of the game.
right on
I agree with Bob. This could also lead to floods and spamming, But it also good if you're trying to teach someone something like teaching someone in parkour/spar.
<[T]Oblivion>plz sign my shirt.
<[T]Oblivion> roland im ur biggest fan
Maybe someone could make a script for it. I don't know exactly how that works, but its worth suggesting.
[Team Wushu]
Pm me any questions! I will be happy to help.
It would work to help newbies,but at the same time,trolls,they could just do some fake defeating moves at the newbies and they lose
Bye bye toribash
I've already listed the things you guys talked about.
---
Originally Posted by trickbob View Post
No, this would be silly, betting wouldn't work because anybody could be controlling the Tori, same with duels..

It would take out the competitive aspect of the game.

---
Originally Posted by Ezophlee View Post
down sides:
beginners just taking advice from a pro every time.
and, of course, this could be enabled and disabled.

---
Originally Posted by 4kid View Post
It would work to help newbies,but at the same time,trolls,they could just do some fake defeating moves at the newbies and they lose

---
bad advice.
and, of course, this could be enabled and disabled.

---
Originally Posted by Rolandman View Post
I agree with Bob. This could also lead to floods and spamming,

---
down sides:
flooding of advice.

---
I just thought it would be helpful for sparring and parkouring and whatnot. just teaching in general, anyway.
replays pls cnc me
If you think this would be useful for spars/parkours, perhaps a more plausible alternative would be to simply have someone help you out manually during the spar/parkour?
Any automated system where an outside user has a chance to take control of your tori doesn't sound like a very good idea, regardless of if the feature could be disabled or not.
In addition to that, it would take away several aspects of game-playing, such as skill or experience, and would indefinitely lead to exploitation and "cheating".
BAD LUCK