Toribash
Originally Posted by karolk666 View Post
I have never managed to design a working SSTO spaceplane, I just launch them on rockets.
Not sure about how it behaves while landing though. The last vertical spaceplane mission ended like this. (It was docked to my station)

;-;

Oh, nevermind then.
0x6869706F7469626F72
It has a probe on it so I can do an unmanned test flight though.
------------------
It kinda failed but it works if i keep the right amount fuel in it.
Last edited by Karolk; Mar 6, 2013 at 07:45 PM.
.19 Y U no here already ??
Anyways, did a little sketch of that horrible flying brick.

It can't fly but it looks so facken asom >_>

bumping this cause i got it for the steam sale.

Jesus landing on the Mun is hard. I'm playing career mode and I can do a fly-by of minmus and land on Kerbin but landing on the Mun is hard as shit for me.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
bumping this cause i got it for the steam sale.

Jesus landing on the Mun is hard. I'm playing career mode and I can do a fly-by of minmus and land on Kerbin but landing on the Mun is hard as shit for me.

Just use the slingshot method to get to the Mun. Go up to about 20k and then pull towards 90degrees and go into map view. Collide with the orbit and go against the apotheosis and airbrake and land
I know the methods. My challenge is building the rocket correctly. I try to have 3 stages - the top being the lander with enough fuel to get me onto the surface safely then back to Earth, the middle being the one I burn to get to the moon, and the lower the one that brings me from atmosphere into orbit. My problem though is the lowest stage. I can never seem to build one that can take the upper two into an orbit.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I see. Well the only two solutions I can think of is firstly building your middle stage and top stage as light as possible, since you'd be in space you wouldn't need much fuel to push yourself around. And well the other solution would be what kerbal engineers call 'more rockets'. haha, for every rocket on the first stage you should perhaps try add more fuel tanks, rather than extra rockets. You might find the fine balance between fuel weight and rocket power and shoot that sucker into orbit :'D

Damn, you're making me want to play it now xD