ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL]Sword and Shield Fighting
(Very bad at descriptions)

In this mod, You have a sword and shield to fight with... but there is more advanced aspects.

Features

- Realistic Sword and Shield (really?)

- Roughly Realistic Gravity

- Modded Shoulders,Chest, Elbows and Wrists to resemble real sword-wielding maneuvers

Advanced Aspects

-Shield is highly protective but still can be penetrated by the sword and doesn't protect the whole upper body (unless you crouch)

- Modded Glutes, and also Feet to resemble heels (One of the features from my toriboxing mod) to improve balance but allow you to move easily.

Bonus Features

- You don't have to use the Shield like in the SkewerOffensiveCombo replay attached to this post. Although its more powerful and faster to use two hands, it provides minimum protection

- Sword isn't instagib (why? you might ask...) because I wanted to focus on precision slashes (such as Lateral Slash and Precision Slash) rather than sword flailing, dropping your sword on your opponent and winning and even throwing your sword

- Vital Zones: If you slice swiftly through these zones (Such as the neck, lumbar and abs) you can obtain a huge amount of points almost impossible to recover from. You can use this to your advantage for a late comeback slash to seal victory.

Last edited by Smilies2; Nov 26, 2008 at 10:01 PM.
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Pretty good :P It's a good thing that you modded the body to make it more realistic...Or i would've failed badly with this :x
It makes me wonder..
I think the arm ripped off from the strong downward motion after your elbow was fully extended. Also, the extended range of the shoulder might've caused it. If you reduced speed on the slash by holding your elbow then extended once more before impact, you would've hit a Vital Zone for 100000 points.

Like in this replay
Last edited by Smilies2; Nov 26, 2008 at 10:01 PM.

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Okay, now justify this. I expected better of you, dude... 100 pushups!
(For those of you who don't know, those blue balls are the joints 'between' the environment objects)

I think this is why the swords come apart at high speeds.
Attached Thumbnails
suckyjointsetup.JPG  
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
Damn... i've been discovered! I'll fix it right away

EDIT: Reuploaded the mod with better joint placements
Last edited by Smilies2; Aug 5, 2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: reupload

all i have to say is...... holy fucking hell thats powerfull

the replay is actually supposed to be named 2billionptsmofo lol
Attached Files
1billionptsmofo!!!!.rpl (18.5 KB, 55 views)
My Shop
Proud Metal Organisation member
Originally Posted by Skazz View Post
Okay, now justify this. I expected better of you, dude... 100 pushups!
(For those of you who don't know, those blue balls are the joints 'between' the environment objects)

I think this is why the swords come apart at high speeds.

O.o thats not very accurate placements of joints...
and i think this mod is full of phail. srsly, i think everyones past the whole "sword and sheild" idea, its very unoriginal.