Toribash
Original Post
Replay Folder File Explorer
Oh boy, Oh boy. Get ready for a treat all you replay making fanatics. So, I was making replays in the early morn of last night, scrolling down through a countless number of replays just to find the replay that I'm editing at the time. Scrolling down took a boat load of time away from what I could have been spending improving the replay.

This scrolling in the replays folder made it take much more time than needed to produce my replay. And so it struck me like a 50 caliber bullet. What if there was an option to organize my replays from most recently edited to least recently edited. It would save astronomical amounts of time to edit replays. Much like how windows file explorer works, you just click on "Date modified" and it will list all of your most recent replays first and your least last. Click this button again and it will list from least recent at the top down to most recent at the bottom. Click the button indefinitely to switch back and forth.

Want to go back to alphabetical order? No problemo, Click "Name" and it will list all replays like normal. Click "Name" again and it will list your replays in backwards alphabetical order.

Do you have thousands of replays and can't be bothered with either of the buttons to find a specific replay? Look no farther than the Search Bar! Golly gee willickers batman, Just type in the first few characters of the replay you are looking for. Boom there it is.

Can't remember the name of that dank save you had a few months ago? Here it comes! Replay preview! Hampa have mercy on my soul! Hover your mouse over those replays and a small box will open and shows you the replay that you are currently hovering over! Instead of just guessing, watching the wrong replay, hitting esc, clicking setup, clicking replays and finally getting back to your replay folder where you need to scroll down again to find where you were! Just hover over each replay one by one until you find that replay you forgot the name of.

These ideas will save so much time, I can't believe it's not butter.

Tell me what you fellas think. Suggestions and troubleshooting will be greatly appreciated.

Pro Concept Art

Cheers,
~Bercat
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
ive made a few suggestion threads suggesting this
so have other people
make this happen jesus christ
i don't think i understand
do you just mean like file explorer ingame?
pacquiao
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
i don't think i understand
do you just mean like file explorer ingame?

Yeah.

Like This.

But for in-game when you open replays in setup.
If you know the word organize it shouldn't be an issue to find the replays you want. And you just said it, it's like windows does so why waste time to develop another file explorer? Just use folders, like naming them: SP replays, MP replays, unfinished replays, events, video, collabs, mods replays, etc. Categorize them once you have finished. That will be massively easier to find what you are looking for, instead of having all replays in just one folder, and without having to develop a file explorer in-game.
Do you want to find your last replay to finish it? go to your "unfinished replays" folder created, sort them by date and voilá, in less than 3 secs you'll find it.
Originally Posted by Jodus View Post
If you know the word organize it shouldn't be an issue to find the replays you want. And you just said it, it's like windows does so why waste time to develop another file explorer? Just use folders, like naming them: SP replays, MP replays, unfinished replays, events, video, collabs, mods replays, etc. Categorize them once you have finished. That will be massively easier to find what you are looking for, instead of having all replays in just one folder, and without having to develop a file explorer in-game.
Do you want to find your last replay to finish it? go to your "unfinished replays" folder created, sort them by date and voilá, in less than 3 secs you'll find it.

Most people don't have the time or patience to do this and if you're like me, you name all of your multiplayer replays random letters so the preview idea is still an option.
yes please
anyone whos made a replay before knows how good this would be
i was really happy we got replay folders last update but something like this would be the bomb
-----
Originally Posted by Jodus View Post

i dont have time/patience to organize over 2000 replays of ficticious electronic kung fu on my computer with specific folders so i do think this would make it way easier to find stuff
Last edited by pusga; Jul 14, 2015 at 03:20 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
yes please
anyone whos made a replay before knows how good this would be
i was really happy we got replay folders last update but something like this would be the bomb
-----

i dont have time/patience to organize over 2000 replays of ficticious electronic kung fu on my computer with specific folders so i do think this would make it way easier to find stuff

^ Only way to put it really. Make this happen plox?

Supported until 5.0