Toribash
Original Post
Ability to resume replay after pressing E
First of all for those who dont know: E pauses the replay showing you all the joints and allowing you to play as uke and tori in the replay from the point you pressed E at.

However there is a problem, due to the lack of ability to continue the replay, if you press it at the wrong time, youre screwed and have to load uo the replay again and find the right frame again before you can pause and start where you wanted

And what if you didnt want to edit the replay? You just wanted to see what the players were doing with there joints, such as in TK what joints do most people generally keep relaxed? Or how do people manage to get power while also relaxing to absorb a hit. So in this case you have paused the replay but when you want to continue watching... TOO BAD, you have to load it up again and watch the whole thing through, and if you want to look at the joints in another place, have fun re-re-re-reloading the replay

TL ; DR: Add a continue function after pressing E during a replay
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
First of all for those who dont know: E pauses the replay showing you all the joints and allowing you to play as uke and tori in the replay from the point you pressed E at.

However there is a problem, due to the lack of ability to continue the replay, if you press it at the wrong time, youre screwed and have to load uo the replay again and find the right frame again before you can pause and start where you wanted

And what if you didnt want to edit the replay? You just wanted to see what the players were doing with there joints, such as in TK what joints do most people generally keep relaxed? Or how do people manage to get power while also relaxing to absorb a hit. So in this case you have paused the replay but when you want to continue watching... TOO BAD, you have to load it up again and watch the whole thing through, and if you want to look at the joints in another place, have fun re-re-re-reloading the replay

TL ; DR: Add a continue function after pressing E during a replay

This is not possible with how pressing E works currently; it simply chops the replay into a active gamestatefile at the current frame and loads the current joints. I would recommend you to pause the replay before pressing E to enter editing mode aka load the replay into the singleplayer modified engine. AS i read it what you really wwant is a viewer mode for replays where you can see the jointstates, eg: press J to see the active jointstates during the replay.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
This is not possible with how pressing E works currently; it simply chops the replay into a active gamestatefile at the current frame and loads the current joints. I would recommend you to pause the replay before pressing E to enter editing mode aka load the replay into the singleplayer modified engine. AS i read it what you really wwant is a viewer mode for replays where you can see the jointstates, eg: press J to see the active jointstates during the replay.

The problem with this is, I also like being able to see what would have happened in the replay had one player moved different joints, which is why I'd like it to bee able to continue after pressing E rather than having a separate key.

Would it not be conceivable for the continue function to load up the replay taking you straight to the frame you are at?
There's no possible way in hell that you could let's say move a joint, press e again, and then watch what it does as that'll create teleporting and warping as the positions of the players changed. However, if you mean you want to move a joint and then go back to the frame you started editing at, I could see how it could work. As for pressing E at the wrong time in replay making, it would be best if they made a replay,rewind,fast foward,pause,start type of thing. That's been suggested already and didn't make it through so tough luck.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
This wouldn't be possible.
It might could be possible that there's another option (lets say S for now), which could show the joints.
So you're watching a replay, and during the replay you press S, the replay will continue and you will be able to see or he contracted or extended joints, but clicking on a joint will not change it.

I think that's possible, but just hell alot of work.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When I say resume the replay I mean the original replay so you can press E see what would have happened if say an elbow was extended instead of relaxed, then resume and go back to the frame you paused at in the replay
-----
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
This wouldn't be possible.
It might could be possible that there's another option (lets say S for now), which could show the joints.
So you're watching a replay, and during the replay you press S, the replay will continue and you will be able to see or he contracted or extended joints, but clicking on a joint will not change it.

I think that's possible, but just hell alot of work.

Why would it not be possible to reload the replay, all you have to do is put the same function as opening it in the first place with only one additional task of putting the parameter of what frame the replay should be at
Last edited by SmallBowl; May 17, 2015 at 11:15 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
Why would it not be possible to reload the replay, all you have to do is put the same function as opening it in the first place with only one additional task of putting the parameter of what frame the replay should be at

what about replays that haven't been saved yet? (i.e you're making a madman and you want to redo a part but you haven't saved it yet)
This would not be affected by the suggestion as you could still save the reply and overwrite it after pressimg E, so this aspect would be unchanged as ever
How about a different key that shows the joint movement throughout a replay? I think that's what your suggesting but I'm not sure it's a little vague.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu