Toribash
Original Post
Dedicated TeamSpeak Server (Hear me out)
First, I realize money is a major issue when it comes to hosting a dedicated server, but I'm sure between QI Purchases, VIP, Boosters and maybe even some help pitched in from the community we could get this thing up and running.

And now, my Forum version of a power point presentation

Slide 1:

Why should we have a dedicated Toribash teamspeak server? Well I suppose the obvious reasoning would be far more community driven interaction, not to mention imagine the influx of clans. Think about this, your average Toribash new user comes into the game and drops out of play probably ~blue belt. If you have a dedicated TeamSpeak shown on the top bar saying "Come to our team speak IP:________" I'm positive lots of people will come in, make new friends, develop a clan, and stay in the game. A perfect example of this could be reddit.com/r/redditrescueforce.I have been an active member on the rescue force, and saved quite a few people using it, only because of the Teamspeak on the top of the page.

Slide 2:
The Teamspeak server doesn't NEED to be for game play only. There could absolutely be rooms in the server dedicated to the market, talking to people while streaming your process of making a head so they could ask questions that would be answered, private dev, mod, market squad, admin rooms etc. And how would you maintain said server aside from all the things people are purchasing? Make it so that if a clan want's a private dedicated room inside the server, charge them for it. Right, back to my earlier points. With all the rooms for Marketing and streaming, you could essentially render PM obsolete for people who are online at the same time, but PM could still be used for people who need to communicate but are in separate time zones and never online at the same time.

Slide 3:
Just quickly referring back to slide 1 with new players, I know you're thinking "Oh just use skype, lel fagt spertin es so dum" Yeah well no, you're wrong. No person is just going to be like "OH LOOK RANDOM PERSON LETS ADD THIS GUY TO SKYPE" No, they won't, however, the Teamspeak server could offer an opportunity for players to meet, get to know each other without risking any personal info, and then start a clan together, not ONLY could that happen, but those clans that paid for a room (Which should be really cheap) Could open it publicly for recruitment and actually meet someone before they post their app to the forums.

Finally, not only is this server a potential money maker, it is also a way for the players of Toribash to come together as an even more tight knit community, keep new players interested in the game, and start more clans.
Thanks for hearing me out, I had a slide four but while writing slide 3 I forgot what it was, totally spaced out, if I remember it I'll post it back up.
Originally Posted by Razer73 View Post
That will just require more moderating against racism,Flaming, Or just being a dick in general. Cool Idea, but not supported.

That is why people would have clan rooms, to prevent noobs spamming.
And it really wouldn't be that hard, we have a good community here, and saying that might encourage trolls and dicks to troll this suggestion.
Your opinion is your opinion.

It would take a simple ban to get them off the teamspeak for good anyways......

Supported Supported and.... Supported

Really nice Idea. Rooms for every language Clan rooms and Tourney rooms.

Btw: Every server should have an auto-motd which would be like: teamspeak ip: ts.toribash.com for example
I won Clan League 2016 #DidntEvenTry
Back at it again
Thats actually a really solid idea, I hadn't thought about tourney rooms. I've actually been talking to an admin and there has been some development in the possibility of this going up! But yeah, the goal would be the main languages in toribash English-Russian-Spanish. Most people in Europe speak their first language and English, which should cover us in most places. But we also have to keep in mind for fundings sake, we can only support 50 People, which is a solid number, but for more it would require more support. Part of that support would be like what you said for Clan Rooms, individual clan rooms would have to be paid for, they would be made private and be password protected and what not, but yeah, we need to be picky choosey so that we don't have 30+ Rooms for languages and server and say 20 People online.
[~Supported] This would really bring Toribash to life. You would be able to talk to all the cool people, hehe.
Like on GMTourneys or/and other events.
Though, Hampa said he added voicechat in the next update.
Who needs voicechat in the Game if we could have a structured Teamspeak server. @hampa Please why would you do that ._. I can't even imagine how the voicechat should work. Maybe you'll be able to talk with people in your room but cmon who wants that? With a Teamspeak server we could even talk with people in other rooms or with people that are not playing. There could be a Support Channel for Teamspeak and ingame related Questions so the User don't have to wait till someone answers you on the forum. It'd be so much better than a voicechat lol.
I won Clan League 2016 #DidntEvenTry
Back at it again