Original Post
Remove rank
I mean its freaky like you know freaky

steps of getting a rage quit

it says your rank is example 1
a white belt fights you rank 600000+
then he defeats you :O

well what is the purpose of rank?
Question: Why do ranks go up when you fight somebody higher rank than you? ( happened to me about 3 times ) Just because your rank went up does not mean that person now has a chance of beating you, so whats the point.
[Myst]Nuke
I support this. I join a server and people are yip-yappin' about rank, it doesn't matter how good you are if you enjoy playing it. I am pretty noob but I find the game wonderful, I don't care if I lose.
There's no real point to removing it. Maybe fix the system so I don't go to sleep at 765 and wake up at 373, but otherwise it would most likely annoy a large majority of people who care how good their rank is.
Preposterously dank.
Originally Posted by RedRebel24 View Post
I don't support getting rid of ranks. I am a competitive person, so I may be the only one who thinks like this. This is what I think.

Outside of maybe 10 people in all of Toribash, the most competent, competitive players in toribash do not care about their rank and most of them aren't ranked in the top 100.

In fact, some amazing amazing players who would make a top 10 list if we talk about specific important mods don't break the top 2000 global.

The ranking system isn't about who's the best. It isn't. It's about playing people who's challenge to you are worth the ELO you'll get from beating them without risking losing too much from losing to them.

I guarantee you or anyone else who was competitive wanted to be more like Nuthug and nobody knows who Rinz is. Well last I checked nuthug is approximately ranked 200th in toribash and Rinz is ranked 18.

So if you are competitive, and value amazingly competent players, then you'll notice your icons don't have the crazy high ranks. If you want a high rank, it's a chore of playing bad people in mods you don't have a huge ELO in. That's all there is to it. I can bring my "aikido7" MMR from 1600 to 1630, and then the same in like "wushu_pro" from 1605 to 1635, in the same time it would take me to go from 1660 to 1670 in "brushu". And doing that in brushu would be harder, and probably require more skill ; however, the earlier option does WAAAY more towards effecting my rank than the latter.

Maybe if we removed the ranks, you'd be focused more on the actual gameplay to judge who's the best player.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post
Or Prey3r, a guy who kicked people from brushu matches he lost to be ranked 18th globally.

woah woah woah. prey3r farmed? how long ago was this? o_o cause i remember beating the guy maybe twice without anything really happening. and he was like rank 5.

anyway, i support this. the ranking system is dumb end of story.
replays pls cnc me