Toribash
Original Post
Search bar
hello, i know toribash forums Does have a search bar
but not everyone can use it
the search bar is not something that a limited amount of people should be able to use
on other forums, when i make a thread
i first search for that thread in the search bar and see if its already made
but here, i did make a thread alittle bit ago and i wanted to know if its already made before i make it
but i couldnt, so i made a useless thread anyways
this thread that im currently making is probably made a hundered times before
but i will make another one because i dont see the other thread and it wont be easy to find them.
or maybe i wanna check my old threads so i should be able to use the ( see all of vaar's threads ) without having to pay for whatever allows me to do it
and the search bar would be useful for many other things
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Originally Posted by KiTFoX View Post
the search function was a heavy heavy load on the forums so instead of removing it entirely it was restricted to prime users. you don't buy prime for a search function it's just a bonus. I believe prime is ten dollars a year? I don't see why this is an issue. the servers cannot handle everyone having a search function.

Recent post by KiTFoX.

If that is the case, having it limited to Prime users is understandable.

While I admit having the search bar available to all users would be great and quite useful, if it would negatively impact the forums it would be ill advised regardless of the perks.

Perhaps the situation has changed though, can someone more familiar with current condition of the forums give input on this?
The search function is restricted to ToriPrime / VIP users to make things easier for the server.
If everyone could use it, the server would have to struggle with tons of requests each day.
It's because most of the users here don't want to pay, so it's a very decreased number of search requests.

But I agree, you should at least be able to see all of your previously made threads, if you don't want to subscribe to every thread you made.

After all, most of your threads can be found when you search for it on google (google: toribash vaar site:forum.toribash.com)
-----
ninja'd
Last edited by luapn; Dec 25, 2015 at 05:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
re
Actually, since this is apparently such a big deal, why don't we just redirect them to google search?
Other sites like IMSLP does this, and it seems to be working pretty well. It would get us rid of all these complaints and probably make people think twice about suggesting something that has been brought up in the past.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore