Toribash
Original Post
In-game objectives
When you start a match, a random objective will be given to you, such as "Accumulate 40,000 points against your opponent" or "Fracture one your opponents joints", or even "Attain an altitude of 15". If you complete the objective, you gain additional TC. The objectives will only be seen by you, and you and your opponent may have different objectives.

They could even be categorized by difficulty ratings, such as Easy, Medium, and Hard. Easy giving you a certain amount of TC, Medium giving a bit more, etc.
I'm thinking something along the lines of;
Easy: +5 TC
Medium: +10 TC
Hard: + 15 TC

Edit: [Long Shot] Maybe even the possibility of having a hidden elo to correlate with the pass/fail of the objectives. For example, most people will start out at, what, 1600 Objective Elo? So at that elo, the probability of getting an Easy objective is much higher than getting a hard objective. If you complete a lot of easy objectives, then your Objective Elo (OE) would rise and you would be more likely to get harder objectives. And vice versa.

Obviously if you fail your objective, you aren't penalized. You just don't receive the rewards. (And your OE would drop ;o)

If this has already been suggested just merge this shit or close it or whatever thank you.
Last edited by WTFlow; Apr 27, 2015 at 11:34 PM.
I was going to support this.
And i was going to quote the comment "Saying it's too much effort is not a good reason to not make a change"
But to be honest, the amount of work that needs to be put into this idea, is not even NEARLY as close to what we can get out of it.
I would love to have these, For friendless players like myself, these would be a good reason to not close Toribash 5 minutes after opening it.

But imagine the amount of coding it will take, for 1 simple challenge for example:
Deal damage (10.00).
Or
Gain height (10.00)

This idea will only be great with over 10 different types of challenges.
Which will just take too much work.
I do not support because Effort>>>Result.
The time put into this can be put into better things.
Good idea, but not supported.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I do not support because Effort>>>Result.
The time put into this can be put into better things.
Good idea, but not supported.

No. I've seen this being said one time too much now. If you want to make or maintain a decent game, then you got to work for it, or find ways to make it work. Saying it simply takes too much effort is no excuse. It may take a lot of resources, a lot of time and/or money, but we can get there if we really want to, and I think features like this is what could make and keep Toribash interesting.

Back to being on-topic, yes, this has come up multiple times, with varying results. Keeping discussion going about it is a good thing, though. Here are a few threads or particular posts:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...48#post8941948
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=577968

Give them a read. I really like this idea.
As i said in your quote.
The time put into this could be put into fixing current problems.
Making a new thing will for sure have new problems that will need fixing.
So after toribash is problem free. Big ideas and improvements like this will deserve the effort.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
As i said in your quote.
So after toribash is problem free. Big ideas and improvements like this will deserve the effort.

Let's be honest, toribash is not going to be problem-free. Most of the problems in the game would need significant discussion and work before even beginning the coding process of fixing them. Our current dev/s are not likely to go through that process for bigger problems (considering that most of them have been here for years). We may as well continue creating and supporting these ideas, as there's a good chance they will be implemented before any major bugfixes/changes are.

As i said in your quote.

Keep in mind the decline in active players is, in fact, a serious problem that needs fixing.

Fun objectives would keep players sticked to the game. They will not necessarily solve the problem alone, but at least push it in the right direction.
Last edited by Slau; Jan 10, 2017 at 02:43 PM.
I agree with Slau on this one.
This could actually be a nice diversion while they're busy fixing the matchmaking ranked system.

Integrating this with a small achievement system as a temporary solution is not a dumb idea.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Real human from Event Squad! Send your applications to me <3