ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Auto thread close
As some of you know, new members of the forums tend to bump threads that are old (2011). A way to solve a problem like this to have a feature that detects if a thread is truly dead after a long period of time and it gets autoclosed. I guess it's really up to the admins to decide what they consider "old" but I think that threads that have been dead for over 2 years should be autoclosed if not earlier.

See any real problems or what are you thoughts?
What's the downside of this?
Local moderators are constantly at work for old thread bumping.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
What, cake said I think maybe. Local mods are those people that get that stuff done when those people bump them threads.

If local mods can't handle that, time for a new one.
-----
Deleting old threads would do better. Ones that will never have a purpose in life.

You could just put them all in the hall of shame because the thread obviously died there.
Last edited by Link; Jul 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Eh, deleting old threads wasn't my intentions. Closing them would be better because we can look back at them for photos and memories.

But anywho, I think the only acceptions to the autoclose feature would be on clan pages. When I was with Evil for half a year or so they had a few threads that were vacant for over 3 years and people recently needed to comment on it.
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Eh, deleting old threads wasn't my intentions. Closing them would be better because we can look back at them for photos and memories.

But anywho, I think the only acceptions to the autoclose feature would be on clan pages. When I was with Evil for half a year or so they had a few threads that were vacant for over 3 years and people recently needed to comment on it.

An Archive for each board would be nice. Year- or closed threads. I don't like all the clutter.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Even if it was done, it wouldn't be as effective as you might hope and it wouldn't help in all situations. It makes little to no difference to close a thread that nobody posts in. Not every bump is a problem. There are several boards where it's often better for people to look up old threads and use them instead of recreating it. For the rest of the time we have moderators. It's pretty effortless to delete a post and close a thread once in a while.