ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Randomizing movement of an object
Another feature I'd like to see is the ability to give an object a thrust/force that is randomized at the start of each game. One game maybe a ball flies south, another game maybe it flies northwest, etc. I can think of many uses for this in mods. Would allow you to create dynamic environments which behave differently each game.
Last edited by Odlov; Oct 24, 2015 at 12:46 AM.
i hope im not wrong but i think that you are able to do that, ive seen it in a few mods before
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
Originally Posted by FleshMon View Post
i hope im not wrong but i think that you are able to do that, ive seen it in a few mods before

There is no random movement generator, It does not choose randomly what to do at the beginning of the game.

I like this idea.

Supported. Some mods behave exactly the same way everytime and a little bit of randomization would make them way more interesting.
Pig may be haxed
Good luck making that, but I like the idea.
Would add a lot of randomness instead of move saving for certain mods.

Supported.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
i can only imagine how cool this would end up being in something like a parkour map...
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
To give you guys one example of how I would use this:

I'm working on a mod with a huge animated golem in it, which uke or tori must defeat by touching its "heart". Unfortunately, since there's no randomizing element, the golem moves exactly the same way in every single game, making it easy to predict and defeat after seeing it for 1-2 games. I'm currently trying to think of a way to tie a change in initial conditions to movements of tori or uke, but no luck so far and don't know if I'll manage to do it. It would be a lot simpler if I could just give random thrust/velocity/bounce/weight to some body part of the golem. Something to force the thing to behave differently every time.
Last edited by Odlov; Oct 29, 2015 at 10:23 PM.
You could potentially have a script the "re-writes" the mod with a different value whenever a new game is loaded.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
You can fetch not so "random variables" such as time and the moves done by players, thus making it "somewhat random".
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!