Toribash
Original Post
Need help logging in to account in older and newer versions of Toribash
This is something I've been struggling with 3.8, the oldest version I own, logging in to my account. Is there any way you could help me log in to my account in 3.8, if possible?
You won't be able to properly log into your account in versions that predate 5.43 because they don't support https which is required by our backend now.
You can, however, modify your tb_login.dat manually with your username/password which should allow you to play in game rooms.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
You won't be able to properly log into your account in versions that predate 5.43 because they don't support https which is required by our backend now.
You can, however, modify your tb_login.dat manually with your username/password which should allow you to play in game rooms.

Could you explain that please? Like until two days ago I used version 4.95 without any issues and it never bothered me with a login screen, I had no issues logging in.

But hey, I deleted that and reinstalled it, and I can't log in anymore. So what's the tb_login.dat supposed to look like, and where is it, and how do I get rid of that login screen again?

I mean, if I can't login with the same version I used literally two days ago, I'm okay with saying "No thanks", no doubt to the great relief of hundreds, if not thousands of hapless drones.

I already tried making a tb_login.dat file with my username on the first line and password on the second, that doesn't seem to work.

It's kinda funny, coz after that, I checked to change the password for my account, and it uses some email address like [email protected] or some shit, obviously that's not my email address and it just made that up from the ingame register thingy.

So, now I can't use this account, either. Coz it's like "we sent a verification email to [email protected]". Oh well. So they sent an email to their servers, nice one.

I guess it doesn't matter. It's not like I play toribash these days. But just saying, your shit has problems. And it's kinda like the universe is telling me, to tell you, toribash is dead.
Last edited by CChampeon; Apr 13, 2021 at 04:43 PM.
Woah, easy here. No need to throw a temper tantrum.
Could you explain that please? Like until two days ago I used version 4.95 without any issues and it never bothered me with a login screen, I had no issues logging in.

But hey, I deleted that and reinstalled it, and I can't log in anymore. So what's the tb_login.dat supposed to look like, and where is it, and how do I get rid of that login screen again?

You likely had login data entered in your game client for years now, so it didn't throw a login screen each time when it failed to connect and assumed you're offline. Now you reinstalled the game (by deleting your game folder and installing the game anew, I assume), so you no longer have a valid login data file there - which triggers login screen to appear on every game launch.

tb_login.dat looks like this:
user username
pass password
For 4.95, it's likely supposed to be located in your Toribash folder.

It's kinda funny, coz after that, I checked to change the password for my account, and it uses some email address like [email protected] or some shit, obviously that's not my email address and it just made that up from the ingame register thingy.

So, now I can't use this account, either. Coz it's like "we sent a verification email to [email protected]". Oh well. So they sent an email to their servers, nice one.

[email protected] are placeholder emails used for new accounts when you register without specifying your own email. Yes, they're not real. To add a real email, use User Control Panel (https://forum.toribash.com/profile.php?do=editprofile).
Woah, easy here. No need to throw a temper tantrum.

You likely had login data entered in your game client for years now, so it didn't throw a login screen each time when it failed to connect and assumed you're offline. Now you reinstalled the game (by deleting your game folder and installing the game anew, I assume), so you no longer have a valid login data file there - which triggers login screen to appear on every game launch.

tb_login.dat looks like this:
user username
pass password
For 4.95, it's likely supposed to be located in your Toribash folder.

[email protected] are placeholder emails used for new accounts when you register without specifying your own email. Yes, they're not real. To add a real email, use User Control Panel (https://forum.toribash.com/profile.php?do=editprofile).

Well I just registered this account to remind you that you don't read so well. Because of that password change being sent to the toribash servers, it means I couldn't log in again (as I said). Also, the fact that I was banned, numerous times by one of your reject mods means what exactly?

Go ask that guy about that. It's ironic, considering I've played like 200-300k games, I explained why Toribash has certain kinds of collision detection/constraint solver problems, made some mods to prove that, shit, recommended that replay speed thing (and many other unimplemented improvements and fixes). Like when joints become invulnerable after being fractured. That's retarded. You would think something fractured is more easily dismembered. But hey. Logic.

Like I would explain to the Toribash Next dev team that they have to write their own constraint solving (it's kinda easy btw), or at least set up explicit fixed distance (pin) constraints, like for joints (especially contact with ground) and shit like that, coz I coded physics for about a decade. But alas, I am unable to convey these messages, coz I don't believe in them. They're incompetent.

So yeah, I can't log in again. I have like 5 accounts banned by the same [snip], btw (based on his own idiot bullshit, btw).
Last edited by sir; Apr 16, 2021 at 01:55 PM.
Originally Posted by sirisO47 View Post
Well I just registered this account to remind you that you don't read so well. Because of that password change being sent to the toribash servers, it means I couldn't log in again (as I said).

Password does not get reset until you follow the reset link that's sent to your email. As you didn't have a real email associated with your account, requesting password recovery didn't do anything and your password stayed as it was. If you forgot what it was, we can have it reset for you manually.

Also, no need in flaming staff members when asking for help. Botting and bigotry related bans on your other accounts have nothing to do with you not being able to log in or us deprecating Toribash game clients that were released over 11 and 5 years ago respectively.

Please only respond if you're actually trying to get help accessing your account - if it's yet another rant at how unjust the universe has been to you, I'm locking this thread down.
Password does not get reset until you follow the reset link that's sent to your email. As you didn't have a real email associated with your account, requesting password recovery didn't do anything and your password stayed as it was. If you forgot what it was, we can have it reset for you manually.

Also, no need in flaming staff members when asking for help. Botting and bigotry related bans on your other accounts have nothing to do with you not being able to log in or us deprecating Toribash game clients that were released over 11 and 5 years ago respectively.

Please only respond if you're actually trying to get help accessing your account - if it's yet another rant at how unjust the universe has been to you, I'm locking this thread down.

" As you didn't have a real email associated with your account, requesting password recovery didn't do anything and your password stayed as it was. If you forgot what it was, we can have it reset for you manually."

Wrong. When you change the password, and you didn't use an email (like an old account), it then sent the new password to that qq*@toribash.com address. So then after logging out, you can't log in again coz you can't access that!

Also, don't tell me using random.lua, slightly modified is ANY worse than all the MORON DRONES using movememory and such. Bigotry, such as? Do you know how many times I've been insulted, attacked?

Honestly, you can go delete all the accounts that I had on toribash, I don't give a shit, I will never support this garbage again. Coz even when I fucking show you bugs, how to fix them, explain things in detail, give suggestions, generally increase the goddamned skill level, etc...you get moron mods, that when I afk for 3 games using random.lua and get back, I'm banned, with a fucking 50k game experience account? (much more in reality coz I obviously played a lot, like over 100 games per day relatively often).

Nah it's cool, I ain't playing. And while you foster that sort of garbage, I don't give a shit. I won't bother with any of it.
Last edited by sirisO47; Apr 18, 2021 at 08:24 PM. Reason: You're an ignorant ass