Toribash
Original Post
Protected Privacy.
hello.
in toribash i dont see any hidden privacy

-me personally i would like my whole profile hidden to everyone only shown to a few

-i dont want my Flag to be shown next to my name

-i dont want everyone to know how much TC i have

-i dont want people to look at my transaction history

-i dont want people to look at my inventury

-i dont want people to be able to ./sa Stretcher. besides a few

Overall, Theres No Privacy in this game
i would really appreciate it if a feature came where i could choose what people can see and what people can not see.
Hi,

1. You can choose whether to show some parts of your profile to everyone or not. That applies to your current / last activity and your birth date.
2. Flags can't be hidden and everyone's been neutral about it since they appeared in the game. We don't see why would people want their flags to be hidden because basically they allow people socialize easier as you can see who speaks the same language as you.
3 - 5. Being able to see other players' TC and inventory helps at trading and dueling. It's not like you're about to be laughed at for having only 10 TC and a chronos force on your account, but in case you start asking for a duel people will be able to make sure you're not a scammer. Public transaction history also helps at finding scammers.
6. Are there any people "hunting" for you? They can see you in the room info anyway if you're playing somewhere, why would restricting search command be required?

We don't store and keep your personal info, that's what "privacy" is. I honestly don't understand why would you want your profile hidden as it doesn't show anything about yourself unless you want to add that kind of info. The email you used at registration isn't shown anywhere, your password will stay unknown to everyone as long as you don't leak it to someone. We don't force you to enter and keep public any other info, so there's absolutely nothing that may require hiding in users' profiles to keep some information about them in privacy.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Hi,

1. You can choose whether to show some parts of your profile to everyone or not. That applies to your current / last activity and your birth date.
2. Flags can't be hidden and everyone's been neutral about it since they appeared in the game. We don't see why would people want their flags to be hidden because basically they allow people socialize easier as you can see who speaks the same language as you.
3 - 5. Being able to see other players' TC and inventory helps at trading and dueling. It's not like you're about to be laughed at for having only 10 TC and a chronos force on your account, but in case you start asking for a duel people will be able to make sure you're not a scammer. Public transaction history also helps at finding scammers.
6. Are there any people "hunting" for you? They can see you in the room info anyway if you're playing somewhere, why would restricting search command be required?

We don't store and keep your personal info, that's what "privacy" is. I honestly don't understand why would you want your profile hidden as it doesn't show anything about yourself unless you want to add that kind of info. The email you used at registration isn't shown anywhere, your password will stay unknown to everyone as long as you don't leak it to someone. We don't force you to enter and keep public any other info, so there's absolutely nothing that may require hiding in users' profiles to keep some information about them in privacy.

2.Its not admins problem to help people communicate
if somebody doesnt want everyone to know where he lives, then give him the right.

3/5.Im not being laughed at, but begged and bugged at.
if somebody wants to duel then they can make sure i have the tc by ./bet and ./cancelbets command ingame
if they want to know i have the item then i can put it to my active inventury
or there could be 2 inventurys. hidden and public
no i dont put my chronos force in my hidden inventury
its just better to have an inventury where people cant see the stuff ...

4.i highly recommend being able to hide transaction history
hunting scammers is the Admin's job.
so admins can see peoples history even if hidden.
i support the flag thingie, you should be able to tick a box and it will not show...
I live in a country and there is not many players from my country, so whenever i make a alt to scam people into dueling me they know who i am :P
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Stretcher View Post
2.Its not admins problem to help people communicate
if somebody doesnt want everyone to know where he lives, then give him the right.

Unless you live in a country that has six inhabitants, knowing someone's nationality isn't really a privacy issue. Like Sir said, it helps people communicate with each other. If you show an Australian flag, Mr. Brazil over here knows that you probably don't speak the same language as him, and as a result won't try.

if somebody wants to duel then they can make sure i have the tc by ./bet and ./cancelbets command ingame
if they want to know i have the item then i can put it to my active inventury
or there could be 2 inventurys. hidden and public
no i dont put my chronos force in my hidden inventury
its just better to have an inventury where people cant see the stuff ...

Alts. Boom, problem solved.

hunting scammers is the Admin's job.

The users aren't "hunting" scammers. The users use others' transaction history to help decide whether or not they want to enter into a duel with them. If they see either no trans history, or a bunch of TC taken from their account from shopadmin, then they know it's probably not a good idea to put their money on the line, just in case the person scams them. This same reasoning can be used to explain how scam reports are kept down.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
I also agree with the flag privacy. We could just simply ask from where they are. Only a few play at my country and I couldn't hide. At least the flag privacy.

you cant find out by that.........i think its because your whitebelt you dont know these things yet.
Originally Posted by -Demon View Post
you cant find out by that.........i think its because your a whitebelt you dont know these things yet.

i can.

Says who ?
the limit of my knowledge has nothing to do with what belt i am.