Ranking
Original Post
How do i do a nice and powerful moves?
Ok, I'm new here in toribash, i saw all the replays and i thought they were really awesome, so i tried single player, and bam, i suck at it, any tips on how to do really cool and powerful moves?
well, it comes from time of playing toribash, many of the replays you see either on the forum or game itself took much practice to preform.

instead of just using a hip and knee; use other joints to add power
(I.E chest, glutes, abs ect.)
you can also aim your kicks, try to hit joints instead of the limb itself; makes a Significant improvement!

but you just need time and practice to understand which joint will effect the other.
Constract as many joints as you can, especially if you want to kick a lot.
Same with arms. Also use your chest and rotate a lot.
Gather as much speed as possible.

Here's some example:
(If you dont know, Save this file on Toribash folder in Replays)
Attached Files
!!!!!Splitcap.rpl (101.5 KB, 77 views)
!!!!!Body punch decap.rpl (110.4 KB, 52 views)
thats wrong^, in the quote of the greatest

Originally Posted by hampa
sometimes less force is more force

. try to relax more to look better.
Yeah, I agree with the relax thing. I have a secret thing that I do that I might as well share now:
Sometimes, I relax all after a DM (dismemberment) This may work sometimes, especially if you're getting too stiff or something. Of course, I don't mean just relax all, I mean relax all THEN move a little more.
Also, the chest can be very usefull with adding power to kicks/punches. Try moving it one way in the beginning and eventually move it the other way.
And especially don't forget that holding shift + spacebar/p will move frames one at a time. This is really where accuracy comes from in mine and in every other player's replays.
Hope this helps.
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
Lol, i forgot about relaxing.
I should do it sometimes.
Too cool for a Signiture.
War_heros so strong, he can kill by looking at you.
Originally Posted by MrManiac View Post
Yeah, I agree with the relax thing. I have a secret thing that I do that I might as well share now:
Sometimes, I relax all after a DM (dismemberment) This may work sometimes, especially if you're getting too stiff or something. Of course, I don't mean just relax all, I mean relax all THEN move a little more.
Also, the chest can be very usefull with adding power to kicks/punches. Try moving it one way in the beginning and eventually move it the other way.
And especially don't forget that holding shift + spacebar/p will move frames one at a time. This is really where accuracy comes from in mine and in every other player's replays.
Hope this helps.

At frame 400, you see the chest is like rotated left which means I can get lots of power into my kick. Not only that I used my chest, but the pecs as well.

If you type /sm 1 you can see how strong that kick was.
Attached Files
Dragenon - 154.rpl (256.8 KB, 41 views)
[Death Plague] | RL | ORMO | PwN |Dragenon's Realistic spars thread
relax or grab.
torso go this way>>>
<<<legs go this way
will cause more power if u wanna kick
Who the bloody sig edited my fuck.
Seriously? Again?
Originally Posted by MrManiac View Post
Hope this helps.

i had no clue that this does that, thanks that puts a new perspective in the game