Ranking
Depends on the type of shovel & where about you are when it happens.

For example, if you're near the dojo edge you could move so your body is in the air - like do a sorta handstand, that'll cause the other player to hop off the floor & they'll land outside the dojo. Gravity's a bitch ;)
Another easy tactic if you've been lifted is to use the pro tutorial move - you know the one where you plant your knees into uke's chest... Do that to the other player. A well aimed hit'll frac most the chest/pec area & they'll have no choice but to drop you. Just be aware that if you're near the dojo edge they'll probably drop you outside it.

Of course not giving them a chance to shovel in the 1st place is always a good start, keep low or if you're brave (or if they're stupid) you can actually just sidestep it.
You aint lived till you've watched someone fall over from a missed shovel.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Shovels, well the first thing to do keep your legs on the ground cause when you're lifted you'll probably loose.

And then try to bring him out of the ring by lifting him, cause when you're shoveled by a noob shoveler if your legs still touches the ground he'll be lifted, that's the moment to counter him
Member of FAKE
To counter the shovel, you must shovel.

Thats the strategy I always use.
one two three four five break it down baby
what i do is when he lifts me i just let him lift me i grab then when im as high as i am i contract elbows extend pecs and extend glutes after like 20 frames i scissor him with my legs so he loses balance and voila
just extend ankles and extend knees
move chest and pecs and flip him into right or left
and use your glutes to blance!
INB4 14 days ban
after a few hours of testing, i learned that extending the abs on the second turn seemed to be really effective
btw, once someone tried to shovel me, and i lower my raised arms it decaped him! it was so awesome xD
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Get low to the ground in the first few turns. Shovel is now void.

You see I do the exact opposite.

If I know he's a shoveler, I let him shovel me but I go in the air as high as I can pulling him out of the dojo, or going back down for a kick.

It's pretty risky though.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Heres one time where (I have to admit) I got pretty lucky.

He was trying to shovel, he even said in the chat 'Shovel time!'

My method is to reach behind the neck before the shovel and grab it. Then ungrab when 'the time is right' and *pop* his head normally comes off. In this case.. meh.. I got lucky.
Attached Files
epic dm win2.rpl (24.7 KB, 25 views)
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag, tuppence tuppence tuppence a baaaggg
My Avvy/Sig shop