Ranking
Original Post
[GM] TWC Betting Office

Now that the community's finest fighters are off to test their mettle in 2012's biggest event, there might be some of you who are more interested in profits than actual fighting. In that case, the GM team proudly presents you: the Toribash World Championships Betting Office.

So how does this work?
  • You can bet only once, on one person. (Ruining my fun. ~suo)
  • Your bet must be above 7 500 Tcs
  • In case of winning, your profits are calculated the following way:
    2^y*x/[2^y*x + z(1) + z(2) + z(3) +...+ z(n)] * 0,8a
    x: the amount of your bet
    y: the round you placed your bet (the finals being round number one, semi finals round 2, etc.)
    z(1), z(2), z(3)...: 2^(the round this winning player placed his bet)*(the amount this winning player bet)
    n: total amount of people who placed a bet and won, excluding you.
    a: The total amount of money we have in the pool, from the losers.

Example: I placed 50k in the semi-finals on a contestant. Let's assume 3 other people bet 20k each, one in the quarter finals, and two in the finals. Me and the quarter-finals guy won, since our guy won the WCs. The other two guys lost. According to the formula, I'll win 17 777 TCs on top of my 50k.
    Please note that the actual pool will probably be a lot bigger than that of the example, so you might even double or triple the money you bet.
    -In layman's terms:
    Originally Posted by ynvaser
    Well, for those of you who can't do maths and still want to place bets, that formula above could be explained like this:
    The earlier you bet, the more your bet "counts" (10k placed right now nets more than 10k placed in the finals). Also, the higher amount you bet, the more money you'll win, if you win. If a lot of people bet on the guy you bet on, your profits might be a bit less (if the other people bet 1 million on the guy you bet on, your measly 10k probably won't be that much). If you bet on someone who nobody else placed a bet on, however, might net you a lot later, if you win. Of course, your profits is dependent on the amount people have lost in this event.
    Hope that clears it up.

-In slightly more mathematical terms:
    Originally Posted by suomynona
    If you win, you will win a percentage of 80% of the total pot. This percentage will be given by a weight between all other winners, and that weight can be calculated by b*2^n, where n is the number of rounds before the final you bet, and b is the amount you bet.

• Once you have placed your bet, there is no way to forfeit.

• If you want to bet, post in the following format here:
    my nickname || who I bet on || how much

Example: I want to bet 50 000 on the player named walruswarfare (so, I bet that he'll win the world championships). I post the following:
    ynvaser || walruswarfare || 50000
  • You have to send your bets to GMBank.
  • The person who makes the most profits gets a special prize.

CURRENT POT : 249,548TCs
Round     Who           On           Amount
  8 || Manowar123 || Kristis133 || 8,000
  6 || xIMDx      || Ticux      || 10,000
  5 || Devil      || Devil      || 8,000
  4 || Beta       || Devil      || 10,000
  3 || hampa      || Kristis133 || 200,000
  3 || Numbers    || Leyz       || 50,000
  2 || patrickooo || Leyz       || 8,000
  1 || Uncle      || Kristis133 || 10,000
  1 || Avengd7x   || TIcux      || 10,000
  1 || Abdy       || TIcux      || 13,700
  1 || Adamant    || TIcux      || 50,000
  1 || Ultimation || Kristis133 || 12,000
  1 || Eason      || Ticux      || 7,501
  1 || Bird       || Kristis133 || 40,347
  1 || Rain       || Ticux      || 12,000

large image

That's all. Happy betting everyone.
Last edited by ynvaser; Nov 19, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Originally Posted by GMBank View Post
Manowar - 143 178 TCs
Uncle - 11 320 Tcs
Ultimation - 13 584 Tcs
Bird - Transfer suspended until the account gets unbanned. Pm ynvaser when that happens.

Congratulations to the winners. I'm sorry that the event took so long, but there was nothing we could do about it. Thanks for participating.

~ynvaser

Good job Mano, Uncle and Ultimation.

o/
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.