Toribash
Original Post
A Report Board.
Now, what I'd like to see if a general Report board, not for staff or for scam reports, for users who are bullying, trolling, being dicks etc. I'd imagine it's quite hard for newcomers to figure out how to report people who are causing disturbances ingame, I've often seen people joining gmtourneys to talk to game masters about it, so I think a board dedicated to these problems would be useful.

(I discussed this with Siku; and no normal reports don't belong in scam reports)

Incase it gets lost over time here is marcus's brilliant ideas.

Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Bump.

I think this really needs to be implemented. An "In-Game Reports" sub-forum seems quite reasonable.

Currently, all in-game related reports are to be sent to GMs (or any higher up). However, not many members (especially new members) have the knowledge required to file a successful report(farming, spamming, trolling, racism, etc.). This means tons and tons of unreported instances. I believe we can solve most of this problem by giving users a place to report such instances.

It would also be great for the Scam Reports board (As Risk stated) to help remove the "clutter" of threads.

Some ideas for the board;

Information Regarding In-Game Reports
The board would be able to provide a lot of valuable information to users about what exactly to report (at which point a little "trash talk" is considered harassment(knowing what they should just ignore/what they should report)). As well as other useful tidbits such as how to take a screenshot or how to file a proper report.

Duel Scam Offenders Thread (A mass compiled list of offenders)
The board could also contain a "heads up" thread or something to the likes of that. Basically this thread would contain a list of users who have been caught duel scamming. (Yes, I realize this would be quite tedious)

Suspicious Behavior Reports
The idea is to be able to file reports based on little to no solid evidence. It seems silly but let me explain.

The other day I had the opportunity to play in a bet room that had a 150k decap prize. Unfortunately, before the prize was claimed an individual named Juhos crashed the room(GG TC). He had actually been crashing rooms earlier this week but was not reported because no actual "evidence" of him crashing the rooms were available. (Until recently B&) Anyways, the idea behind this would be for users to report suspicious behavior/crash claims(you get the idea). If someone gets reported enough then obviously there is an issue with that user and something should probably be done.

That's all I have for now. Would really like to see people add more to this!

Last edited by lillian; Jan 26, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
-
Originally Posted by Fish
Maintaining a naughty list isn't a job I'd assign to anyone. Besides there's a vast portion of duelers who only read the duel scam thread until after they get scammed.

Yes, I suppose the idea of a naughty list is quite ludicrous.

Originally Posted by Fish
The plan was to make the board so users can only see their own threads, so there's no external interference with any of the cases as a result of them being reported.

Indeed. No need for attention mongers to gain a free spotlight. I guess most cases would be fairly straightforward anyways.

---

Perhaps a thread giving tips on how to avoid a duel scam/taking proper evidence to support your case in the event of a scam would be a better alternative to the naughty list. It would definitely be more helpful than a long list of names.
Last edited by marcus; Jan 27, 2014 at 07:00 AM.
What about just creating the board like marcus said but make it so that only staff can see so it's just making a bigger more organized report thread with sub threads and such for each and make an example thread so that new members know how to report on each type of report there is.
"You have every right to be offended, just don't cry when no one cares."
also I'd like if there was a copy to clipboard type deal for the ingame chat and whispers so we don't have to screenshot for evidence, we can just post the text itself.