Ranking
Original Post
A section for gambling TC and quickselling.
I believe this has been suggested before but I was unable to find the original thread and I really liked the idea so I am trying to get it noticed again.

Aight so I and many other TC gambling users would appreciate a section on the forums for gambling TC and items. This doesn't have to be anything extravagant; a coin flip game or a jackpot would be pretty cool to have.

A coin flip would just involve you and another user risking the same amount of TC with a 50% chance to almost double it. I say almost because a portion of the TC will be sunk e.g. a 50k coinflip would sink 10k (20%) and a 100k coinflip would sink 20k. So basically 20% is always deleted.

Jackpot would just be a wheel with slots for each player taking part (like a pie chart). You can improve your chances of winning by increasing your TC bet or adding higher value items (this increases the size of your slot). Everything in the jackpot would be sent to the winner but likewise to the coinflip, 20% of the TC will be sunk. Users should also be able to win items at a higher qi then what they are at.

Now as for quickselling, a user may not want an item they win in the jackpot. A quicksell feature could be useful. This is a section that lets you trade your item in for 50% of what it is worth in the market for instant TC. It could also just be useful in general. The item would get re-stocked onto the torishop.

I am trying to bring a way to sink TC at the same time here with this idea.
blue
pink
Gambling is an addiction, weather your using a fake currency or not.

When people gamble on Toribash, they are working up to a goal or a specific item. You can't compare gambling addictions in reality to wanting a lot of TC, that just isn't fair.

If some little kid starts to gamble and gets addicted, they will probably start gambling with real money and throwing that away aswell. Honestly, saying "it's at your own risk" isn't good enough for me, The fact of the matter is they could easily bypass that system and gamble.

Your point sounds like an extreme and unlikely circumstance. Little kids on Toribash already take part in bet servers and bet little TC aiming for a new force or a 3d item. Not once have I encountered one lose 500tc and then begin spam buying TC everytime they lost.

Also, staff themselves say when it comes to betting, it is completly at your own risk. I am not introducing anything new here, it's still a gamble and it's at your own risk. Buying TC to bet on bet servers is no different from buying TC to bet on a coin flip. Both involve risk and a chance for profit. And what do you mean 'bypass the system'? Real bet sites have much stricter rules otherwise they could face being sued.

Gambling can be a terrible addiction and Internet gambling is insanely hard to regulate. I really hope nothing like this ever gets implemented.

Again, I believe you are being too extreme, think about what Toribash is.
blue
pink
I asked this already the reply i got was that no one is available to code it.
If someone can code it it'd think it be something to add.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Haha, at some point there was a double or nothing button. U either double the tc u have or loose it all. 50/50 chance.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Really? That sounds like a sweet idea haha. But I suppose since we are trying to sink TC it would be more like 20/80 chance.
blue
pink
50/50 should work. Like fear said. People are addicted to gambling so more people would end up loosing tc then winning one and stopping
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Of course more people would lose than win... that's how gambling works.
I think I might be retired.
Toribash already has gambling, with dueling and betting I would like to see some jackpot or lottery type shit tho..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
Gynx where are you m8

I know you might not be, but don't make a habit out of this. I'm not the only person who can comment on suggestions and this is just as much site development as it is game development (depending on its implementation). It's not as if you need me to confirm whether or not these gambling ideas are possible, they're all technically feasible. This is more a question of "do we want to full endorse and incorporate gambling into the game itself", which as you can see with all the CS:GO comparisons is a controversial suggestion - now, I don't like ruling out suggestions on the basis of them being controversial but I do like to see them get discussed to round out the meat of the suggestion itself. As it stands something like this will definitely be put on the back-burner in comparison to suggestions that round out features we already have, so there's no harm in letting the topic gather support/opposition before it's elevated.

EDIT: I elevated the suggestion anyway and the devs weren't keen on the idea of making gambling systems outside of what's currently in the game, so we will not be implementing any more.
Last edited by Gynx; Oct 17, 2016 at 02:46 PM.
collect snots from the nose