Weekend Bash


Momo

3D



Flat



This texture was pain, real pain. I tried so many configurations and approaches that i got sick of it. The original idea was to replicate Momo's face from the creepypasta stuff but in the end i didn't find anything that could work. So I completed it my own way.

Enjoy a compilation of failed attempts.

Not free, too lazy to watermark so don't steal.


WIPs and pain



God bless, that's like a shit show of creepiness, and I like it! Keep being a great artist. Although I like your black and white works very much, I suggest you try working with color.
Last edited by Origanami; Oct 6, 2018 at 10:47 AM.
Be Unique. Be Textured.
Originally Posted by Origanami View Post
God bless, that's like a shot show of creepiness, and I like it! Keep being a great artist. Although I like your black and white works very much, I suggest you try working with color.

Thanks! I agree that I should try a bit of colors now and then, what's keeping me back is that I just have more fun with black and white: I can focus solely on forms and concepts, that's what I like to do. Colors increase by a good margin the amount of work needed to complete the head and I feel like I couldn't maintain the same amount of quality for such an extended period of time. What I mean is that when I get tired of working on an head I tend to rush it, so idk. Might give it a shot.


Extinction

3D


Flat



Mapping was troublesome, I had to make many adjustements. Cnc is always appreciated.
GOD DAMN your heads are amazing once I get tc I will definitely be buying some of them. Maybe you could put the watermark in color so it pops out against the head so people can't steal as easy? I do think you working with color would be a nice thing for my eyes to look out

<--- Oh wow, this was a misclick and I see it only now.

Originally Posted by Stance View Post
GOD DAMN your heads are amazing once I get tc I will definitely be buying some of them. Maybe you could put the watermark in color so it pops out against the head so people can't steal as easy? I do think you working with color would be a nice thing for my eyes to look out

Thanks Stance. Colored watermark is a good idea actually, it will be implemented starting from the next texture.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Oct 12, 2018 at 07:48 PM.


Chaos unchained

Drawing



If everything goes well, this will be my next profile picture.

Slap me with your cnc.

Last edited by WeppetKo; Oct 12, 2018 at 10:32 PM.
Honestly the grit and feel to your stuff is just amazing. Not good at cncing art in general. But fucking hell do i love your style of making it.
I've noticed that when looking at some things, it can get hard to know what you're looking at.

Take the "Extinction" head for example. It's not clear that it's actually a reptile based head until you actually spin it around 360 degrees and look at each eye and find the teeth.

While your contrast is epic, you should play more with shading, it's just too damn grainy.

Good stuff as always, cheers!
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Xioi View Post
Honestly the grit and feel to your stuff is just amazing. Not good at cncing art in general. But fucking hell do i love your style of making it.

Thanks a lot Xioi, always appreciate your support.

Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
I've noticed that when looking at some things, it can get hard to know what you're looking at.

Take the "Extinction" head for example. It's not clear that it's actually a reptile based head until you actually spin it around 360 degrees and look at each eye and find the teeth.

While your contrast is epic, you should play more with shading, it's just too damn grainy.

Good stuff as always, cheers!

I had quite a few problems to solve with Extinction, and not everything turned out how I wanted. The idea was to make a T-rex head, but once I got into drawing it I had to decide whether to make it look like a T-rex putting its eyes on the sides, or to make the front look more recognizable. I didn't go one way or the other so it turned out messy, the mapping isn't the best since I'm not familiar with that kind of dinosaur stuff.

About shading, I'm specifically going for that kind of grainy look, it makes the texture look like an old crappy black and white photograph. It adds a certain degree of realism if done correctly and it goes hand in hand with horror stuff. However I could try to tone it down a bit and shade it more on certain surfaces if I see that it doesn't fit, it's mainly up to a person's taste how much grainy is too much grainy.