ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Knock-out!
Greetings to all.

Once playing Toribash a while ago i thought of the idea of introducing an "Knock-out" option to the game. This "Kock-out" happens when a player takes a strong/noticeable strike to the head which causes the person receiving a "knock-out" or getting "Knocked-out" the player then becomes fully relaxed and is unable to move for a certain time/ frames.

Looking for more feedback on this idea and other thoughts that should be introduced into the game.

Regards,
Adam
Last edited by Adam; Apr 17, 2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Name change
yeah, I remember landing huge high kick to the head of my opponent. It would seem so gr8 if fell asleep to KO
Great idea!
The amount of knockout frames should be relative to the force of the initial strike once it reaches a predetermined threshold.
Supported
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
I don't support this. In fighting, saving from a decap is an aspect that I. aswell as many others enjoy. There would be no chance of saving in a fight with dq.
'Haku is my lenshu senpai uwu' ~ Static
I don't agree with this because players will take advantage of it and preform openers to "knockout" their opponent, i think it will make it unfair to the new players and inexperienced players.

But what could be done is a mod that once enough force is hit to the head the player is knocked out.
Hi Im Travem :)
Originally Posted by Travem View Post
I don't agree with this because players will take advantage of it and preform openers to "knockout" their opponent, i think it will make it unfair to the new players and inexperienced players.

But what could be done is a mod that once enough force is hit to the head the player is knocked out.

So then people will adjust to that meta and start using openers to counter knockout openers won't they?
Same argument can be said for almost any opener but I see how this is a bit different since I suppose depending on how it's implemented it could be done first turn.

The other option would be to add a knockout resistance timer at the start where neither player can be knocked out but that seems fiddly, complex, and over engineered in my opinion.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Same argument can be said for almost any opener but I see how this is a bit different since I suppose depending on how it's implemented it could be done first turn.

But that's not the feature's fault - it's the mod maker's fault for making a mod where first-turn win is possible. We can already make completely opener-dependent mods very easily without knockout function - just put players close together and make their limbs instagib, or add triggers. And there are plenty of such farming mods on the modlist.

This is a very good suggestion. Really, the more options modmakers have the better. Introducing new optional features can only make the game better. If some people don't like mods with knockout function, or isntagib hands, or what have you - there's always plenty other mods they can choose from.
i'd like to see this an optional flag. would lead to more realistic striking mods. and one step closer to replicating mma in a mod.
supported
This is one of ideas that can suit both parties by simply making it optional, which pretty much makes me question why people would say no to this? If they wouldn't have to use it. I'm all up for it, it seems like it would bring something new to the game and change your style of play. If this was added I'd definitely host a few competitive tournaments with this enabled (as long as it can not be abused).
Last edited by Kradel; Jul 7, 2016 at 02:05 PM.
blue
pink
something like having an target amount of points to get a ko would be cool.
like as soon as a player gets 10k points or whatever they win.

sounds good to me, dms aren't very consistent so it would be a nice alternative.

either way more options are always better.