Toribash
Original Post
Watch games/servers and bet/chat (smth more) from IOS, android
I'd like to suggest you inventing an iOS, android client allowing to do regular commands not involving playing to be able to for example bet or host tourneys. This will totally bring more interest to the game itself, making it be much more popular itself due to putting apps in AppStore and google play. Troubles I see in it: people on one server limit and database vulnerability from ddosers.

I'd recommend to update this post for you guys to point out all the pros and contras against this to come to the conclusion about worth making this.
Last edited by Adamant; Oct 18, 2016 at 08:13 PM.
It would be cool for bets
Even if its not possible to the game when on phone...
There could be a feed that tells you who plays, score and stuff like: insanity got a hand dm
Adamant got chrst and r pec fractured
Bbking bet 500 on adamant
Frame 420 adamant 500 points - insanity 700 00 000 points
Cowmeat bet 2000 insanity
Frame 450 score adamant 501 points - insanity 999 999 999 999 points
Xxx bets 600 000 oninsanity
Frame 430 insanity is dq adamant wins
X win x
Y wins x
Z wins x
And so on...it might be chaotic but it might be fun to blind bet on people on these criteria.
-----
Edit:
Maybe even 2 separate feeds
One with info about game and the other with chat so it dosent get to cluttered. Like the screen split in 2 parts
Last edited by Insanity; Oct 20, 2016 at 12:05 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
This wont bring any more interest into the game because it's only useful to people who play toribash.

But it would be a nice feature.
-----
it would be impossible to actually watch games. Maybe just the chat would work
Last edited by Rouxster; Oct 20, 2016 at 03:24 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Chat could work, but viewing actual matches ingame wouldn't. With the way toribash works, you'd need a perfect emulation of the game on your phone, which won't likely happen.

Seems like a cool idea but I doubt the development team would be wise to focus on something like this over polishing/adding new features to the game in its current state. It's most certainly doable but would require thorough planning and a complete, realistic set of features with a road map for the final product before this could even be elevated.
collect snots from the nose
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
Seems like a cool idea but I doubt the development team would be wise to focus on something like this over polishing/adding new features to the game in its current state. It's most certainly doable but would require thorough planning and a complete, realistic set of features with a road map for the final product before this could even be elevated.

Which do you think would be more realistic and has the best chance of being a thing?

Betting, the Chat? Being able to see the game going on? I think just the chat would be the only thing possible right now.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Basicly this can be realised like a HLTV engine or something like a stream, no need to make a 100% valid ingame client, the only required thing to work is a chat with those comands. So u see the game from a real time stream, while you can use some ingame commands, those 2 things are combined into 1 app: streaming client and a chat.
I've always thought about this since I started playing. The reason I think it would be useful greatly is because sometimes there're close friends of mine that never really come online. It'd be very nice if I could join the server and use the server chat if I'm not ingame just to catch them when they are. That's my reason but betting whilst not ingame is also a major upside to this feature - Supported.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Is there not way to create a stream for servers so you could watch what's happening? Something without much delay.

I know that one user managed to get in-game chat to work on TB somehow and it was pretty cool.
blue
pink