Toribash
Original Post
Rule Change in Private/Public Rooms
Hi,

We’ve recently updated the rules regarding private space and public space. I’m writing this semi-brief note to send the message along. Below will be a few points on why we made the change, what was actually changed, and finally, how it affects everyone going forward. You can find the rules in the FAQ.

Why

With the implementation of in-game reports, private v. public rooms were always a hot topic when looking at the reports. Tori-Agents look through game chat logs and replays to come to their verdict(s). “Was this a private room?” “What can we do about it?” were frequently asked questions among the team. The staff team discussed this and came to the conclusion to amend the rules. We felt that, through means of technicalities, “allowing” members to break rules because they’re in their own custom server, isn’t right. We’re not trying to shaft people from having fun, rather, keeping everything fun and friendly for everyone. If something is reported, in-game reports, or our traditional methods of sending a screenshot in, we deal with it.

What

For everyone, these guidelines should be common sense behavior, typical to everyday interactions with real people. Here’s the new rules paired by the old rules. Please take the time to read.

Originally Posted by New

- Harassment

Harassing (by insulting, name-calling, slurs, bandwagoning, flaming, trolling, and so on) other members of the game for any reason is not allowed. We wish to maintain a friendly environment, and any flaming or harassment may result in a ban. This includes any homophobic or racial slurs in any public space in the community

"Public space" is defined as:
Game - Any room that is not protected by a password.
Forum - The entire forum with the exception of Wibbles and clan PRIVATE boards.
If it's brought to moderator's attention and found that your language disrupts the integrity of the environment we're setting; warnings, infractions, or bans will take place. Try to solve issues yourself if you can. We can't possibly be there for every single instance. Asking to politely stop is a start.

Originally Posted by Old
Harassing (by insulting, name-calling, slurs, bandwagoning, flaming, trolling, and so on) other members of the game for any reason is not allowed. We wish to maintain a friendly environment, and any flaming or harassment may result in a ban. This includes any homophobic or racial slurs in any public space in the community - for more information read here.

And if you follow the link in the Old rules, this part, I'll put that in a spoiler

Addition

Going Forward

This isn’t to get rid of private rooms, you’re free to have your fun. Just be mindful of the others joining in. We strive to keep all platforms of Toribash a fun and friendly environment to want to be in. If you see behavior that clearly breaks the rules, report it. After that, ignore them using the ignore feature ingame. If you have feedback, you’re free to post, we’d love to hear it with the intentions of trying to improve.
Last edited by ed; Jan 21, 2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: clarity

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

I don't understand how not being able to say slurs and stuff makes the experience worse for you. It just seems like a thing that you shouldn't really be doing anyway
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Wow who thought not being able to be yourself would make an experience less fun? Literally everyone thought that. It's fun to slur and act the way you want to. Just because that isn't what you like, doesn't mean the rest of us that don't want this are like you.
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
Originally Posted by CoKe View Post
A bunch of sly cowardly,control freaks talking shit behind everyone's back? Well now you got it.

haha talk about cowardice
these are measures against harassment and people who go out of their way to harass others are always cowards who kick and scream once anything happens to them

im pretty sure staff has been operating following this "new" private x public logic for a while now, its only been made explicit now, though i may be wrong about that.

anyways imagine getting upset bc u gotta enable a password to say the n word and advocating harassment under the guise of Freedom of Speech eagle emoji

toribash community moment
-----
Originally Posted by Stone
Wow who thought not being able to be yourself would make an experience less fun? Literally everyone thought that. It's fun to slur and act the way you want to. Just because that isn't what you like, doesn't mean the rest of us that don't want this are like you.

Last edited by Arctic; Jan 20, 2020 at 07:08 PM.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
as long as they dont ban stupid shit and context gets taken into consideration im fine with it. only direct and constant harassment should get banned

Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Wow who thought not being able to be yourself would make an experience less fun?

imagine having to say faggot to be yourself
It's always been the community's job to manage the general conduct or culture while the mods handle valid cases etc - which has created a sustainable community with relationships being found on mutual love for this game and the members. Furthermore, a space where people can grow is important, there are countless amount of people that play this game that have matured over time and with the guidance of this eco-system. Take away that freedom and new players lose the ability to grow.

Hide behind "slurs bad" all you want but the truth is that until there are specific words added to these rules at the minimum they will be corruptible and abused. Guaranteed.

Now please continue the REEEEE.

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░ eVo ░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

It's always been the community's job to manage the general conduct or culture while the mods handle valid cases etc - which has created a sustainable community with relationships being found on mutual love for this game and the members. Furthermore, a space where people can grow is important, there are countless amount of people that play this game that have matured over time and with the guidance of this eco-system. Take away that freedom and new players lose the ability to grow.

Hide behind "slurs bad" all you want but the truth is that until there are specific words added to these rules at the minimum they will be corruptible and abused. Guaranteed.

Now please continue the REEEEE.

I can't remember the last time I saw a game with a list of unacceptable words I'll be honest
-----
also you don't need to slur to develop as a person lol
Last edited by ruby; Jan 20, 2020 at 06:58 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I love harassing strangers on the internet and it was okay because it was in my private server, now I have to move to discord to harass people. This is against my freedom of speech! My lawyers will be in contact with you shortly.

You'd think banning harassment and slurs would be the least controversial thing ever but turns out our community just likes to shit on whatever staff do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!

that doesnt even make sense lmfao u dont need to be shat on for no reason by internet strangers in a game to grow as a person/community member but go off
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???