Ranking
Original Post
[XIII] A guide on Wushu
Not many people know, but there is more depth in wushu besides openers; and even counters. There is much more to it like: deception, speed, and prediction also add to the equation. First, you'll want to find your niche. Whether it be using the turtle maneuvers to analyze your opponents movements, or a head-on attack/evade technique to get right into the action. If your into the turtle style, as I am the big factor here is patience. There are countless times where both me and an opponent have waited over half the match in turtle positions waiting for the other to attack. In that sort of stage it is more of a battle of wit than anything else. Another key in mastering a turtle style is the low position/stance that is required. You'll want to use your glutes, neck, legs, and lumbar to get the basic position. After that one turn move you should want your body to be in a horizontal position. Now here comes "the drop" you'll want to of course, avoid being disqualified so simply maneuver your joints so that you are close to the ground, but still in a position to advance forward at any moment. From here, you have all the time in the world to predict the next move of your enemy. It just requires a little extra patience and timing.
Now if you are more eager, and like to get into the action, there is also a way to do complete these efforts without flailing into an open attack, or screwing up in any way. Firstly find any sort of opening in which you can spring forward, and have the opportunity to evade an oncoming attack, if any sort of threat is imminent. From there it's another battle of wit. You now much predict the next action from your opponent from here on out. If you see your opponent can obviously hit you, then block it. If he has over a 60% chance of hitting you, you can choose to either evade the hit or absorb the impact with the 'relax technique'. Some of you may not know this, but relaxing a joint upon impact can absorb any sort of damage from the attack. And even gain you points!

This is all for now, I will be adding more when I find the time to type the rest.
Last edited by Nigh; May 8, 2010 at 09:49 PM.
I'd like to point out that...
When playing wushu, you can trick your opponent out a little when playing in a room with a few people. Make a few moves, but with the same openers, this leads to them thinking that they know where you're going/what you're going to do, and when they move to react to this you shall own them. This worked countless times back when I could go ingame.

P.S; I'll probably add a big, big guide corresponding with the one above when I have time.
Back for good.
NOOBS WILL READ IT AND THINK WE'RE GOOD AT IT.
Back for good.