Ranking
Original Post
promoteam vs gamemasters
this is for mature discussion of the positives and negatives of both of the groups
the god
promoteam was a bunch of lazy over payed jerks

gm's are a bunch of elitists with a couple exceptions
and as a former gm i can tell you i was and still am an elitist prick
EDIT

Might aswell go into some more details.

The Promo team had awesome people in it, but the awesome people never went ingame because there was so many people on the team they never had to. The reward system was also a little to intense. The idea's they pumped out where awesome. Like the sherlock homes event. I wanted to do something similar for the entire time i was a gm, never got to though.

The GM's on the other hand don't get payed and work way to much. 15 events a month is required ( Or was when I was a GM. (iirc you get fired if you dont host 15 events )) There's nothing to keep you motivated what so ever so it gets boring extremely quick, the higher staff also treated ( They may still. ) them like absolute shit smears and regularly told them that. Also the mindless following that the GM's get ingame is atrocious. As i recall the promo team would just ban people who did that, but GM's never did. I couldn't go play the game on my account because so many people would join the server it'd be retarded. Oh yeah. And most of the GM's are uptight pricks, they pick up some sort of.... I don't even know what word to use. Entitlement would fit i guess. And of course there are exepctions, like EJM, Firebolty, Tim and erth.
Last edited by Boonana; Oct 17, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
piss
Promo (Art) Team was awesome, I miss that.
+'s
Fun
Good ideas
Prize system kept us motivated (read; kept me motivated)
Nice leadership

-'s
Prize system had its flaws (brought people in that came only for that)
Too many members (brought motivation down)

Gamemasters was fun too, I loved hosting lobbies.
+'s
Gave the opportunity to host lobbies for people
If you do it well people will like your tourneys and join more often
Get the opportunity to make TB more fun for others

-'s
Beggars and whiners
At one time we weren't allowed to do cash prizes anymore, so I had to pay it from my own stack
Some weird leadership decisions (although some understandable)
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Promoteam's ideas were very nice.

GMs don't really come up with a lot of new things - sure, there are plenty of new events, but most of them are around the same.

Certain GMs tend to act too silly, and those that don't are uptight and kind of, well, boring.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today