ES Recruitment Drive
Oh my god graymaster, you online? I wanna spar >: |
RSO Teacher|Hunters| ThePitcher ~ 2pro4you ~ Jisse ~ Vsauce ~ Fantyful ~ Tamakku ~ Love and hate you all, guys :).
New replay :3 CnC please! thanks for the tips so far guys.
Attached Files
Spar-kicks vs jisse 2.rpl (662.8 KB, 15 views)
[Hunters] Pack Elder | Events squad leader | RSO | MMO
Gotkicks2
Gotkicks2: That. was. amazing! You were so relaxed and balance. A little wiggly but not very noticeable. And your and and flips were awesome! Great spar!
Herpa Derp.
People seem to equate more laxed joints to better realism/spars. Not true. Swex and I, for example, rarely relax anything. Knees and elbows, and sometimes shoulders, but.. Well, if you know how to move, you don't need to relax. If you look too relaxed, you look sloppy and flail-y. It's not cool. So aspiring sparrers, don't make it your goal to have as many relaxed joints as possible. When you run in real life, your elbows aren't flopping around, right? So why should they in TB?
-----
Gotkicks2: Well then. The first jump was pretty insane, I'll have to admit. Around 1046, I wish your knees didn't jerk in like that, though. It looks strange. Also, the fact that you land ON your opponent and proceed to partially leg grab doesn't look too good. I understand it's hard to look good when you're flying through the air with an arm grinding along your leg, but you could've exited the flip better. For example, you could've swung one leg down into a bit of a flying axe kick instead of trying to land on your opponent. Nice roll out, though. The turnaround wasn't horrible, but it left something to be desired. You also do a weird hold-all type of thing at 670. The second flip.. I wish you hadn't done it. Poor landing, unrealistic, sloppy, and you followed it up with whatever you want to call that. Flailing to touch the ground? Whatever it was, it looked stupid, to be completely blunt. That little crouch you did after that looked strange, too. Sort of like an "Oh yeah!" kind of moment instead of having it planned from the moment you got out of that weird twitchy position. The kick following the crouch didn't really redeem it, either. Finally, your reaction of contracting your neck when you got hit at the end had poor timing. If you can't get the timing perfect, don't bother. Just relax your neck instead. It's like getting slapped, waiting a half second, then turning your head. It looks stupid if you mess up. Try holding your elbows more. I often found myself saying "Good.." When you'd get them into a nice, natural bend, then saying "Damn it." When you immediately relaxed them and let them flop about. Your replay is alright, and you're making good progress, but you still have some things you need to get the hang of.
Last edited by Alaistier; Mar 4, 2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Well Said Alai. Adding that to the First post. Congrats ^^.

Also, Gotkicks, that was an Okay spar. Opener looked pretty cool, but you kinda messily kicked him on the head. Roll looked really nice, kudo's to that. And.... Everything else Alai said.
beware
the goblin
Thanks, TamaKuu.

So, guys. I want to make a new mod for sparring in and I need some ideas.
If there's anything you'd like to see it it, please let me know and I'd love to try to work it in there.
Some things I need are:
-scenery
-obstacles
-theme
If I can't decide on just one mod, I might make a series.
Thanks, guys.
All I can say is....

Room spar. Nuff said. Few walls, see through walls, bunk bed, TV, Game, controllers, carpet. Boom. :B.
beware
the goblin