Toribash
Original Post
How to flip someone in aikido?
How do i flip someone in aikido? I've tried other tips, but they just don't work...
Help?
Originally Posted by Dadeichu View Post
How do i flip someone in aikido? I've tried other tips, but they just don't work...
Help?

I learned this by experience. You have to know a lot to execute this move. It's not exactly teachable. D:

Tip: Wrists, mid section, pecs, elbows... Everything :l, lots of PRACTICE
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Wrist control means a lot, extending and contracting at the right time. Test out with alternating pecs and wrists along with chest, abs, and glutes to get a feel for what they do.
http://i.imgur.com/Z9JHVeY.png
<rekd>Marinara is the best lube
In my opinion this is all luck it depends on what they do also to counter your flip.
Alphacra was here.
I usually flip someone over me by using the following joints:

-Pecs
-Shoulders
-Chest and Lumbar
-Ellbows

You use joints that are needed to do the flip, usually for normal people, they flip somebody by using the opponents momentum to make them flip themselves, for experienced player, they first get momentum for the flip wether it is upward or inward etc., then also use that momentum to get the opponents off their feet, when you have full control of the opponents, thats when you use your joints depending on how you're positioned, placement of feet etc, to try and flip them. I've told you what to do, you have to figure out how to do it, this also helps you create your own style of fighting, good luck.