Toribash
Original Post
why didnt inq get legend?
http://forum.toribash.com/clan.php?clanid=52

Lot of legend members. Clan league winners. Was super active super dedicated clan. Worked to stay alive for practically ever.

Now it doesn't even get brackets. What's the deal with that?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
It was looked down on by the [NO]gang highstaff patriarchy which ran clan shit for a while.... Efforts to stay alive by absorbing other clans were seen as tarnishing.

You're right though - INQ had a glorious heyday and that ought to be memoralized with legend status. Hopefully this gets rectified.
--------
Wouldn't it be good if clan staff made public a list of prospective legend clans? Like, a list that says, when these clans die, they'll be made legends.
Last edited by Ele; Dec 21, 2019 at 09:11 AM.
That would be a really cool thing to do for sure imo. Yeah, I thought I was just crazy for a bit lol.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Actually, they were properly considered as possible and pretty reasonable candidates early on. But when people went for an indepth look they decided that there was no real reason for Inq to get it.
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
Actually, they were properly considered as possible and pretty reasonable candidates early on. But when people went for an indepth look they decided that there was no real reason for Inq to get it.

What’s defined as a ‘real reason’? Just wonder what the criteria for legendary is. They seem about as qualified as [NO] minus one clan league win but fear didn’t mention that iirc in his post where he killed [NO]. This isn’t any hate towards them, idc which clans get legend (JollyR should have don’t @ me) just curious.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
What’s defined as a ‘real reason’? Just wonder what the criteria for legendary is. They seem about as qualified as [NO] minus one clan league win but fear didn’t mention that iirc in his post where he killed [NO]. This isn’t any hate towards them, idc which clans get legend (JollyR should have don’t @ me) just curious.

I second this. I can understand why some clans like Urban and Torigod or Latin are legendary; however, the description for NO seems very asinine and doesn't clearly explain what they've done for the community that makes them deserve legendary status. "NOIlluminati told us to put this here" like okay, but why?
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

Tbh [NO] is what made me post this thread
if we're being real here bncy ought not be legendary too

fetishization of staff does not legendary make

Originally Posted by Divine View Post

Legend criteria isn't really written down anywhere. It's not designed to be a target. But if I had to make a vague toss at the mark I'd put it down to having a lasting impact or impression on toribash as a whole and it's direction moving forward.
[NO] pretty much did that multiple times by multiple people.

Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
I second this. I can understand why some clans like Urban and Torigod or Latin are legendary; however, the description for NO seems very asinine and doesn't clearly explain what they've done for the community that makes them deserve legendary status. "NOIlluminati told us to put this here" like okay, but why?

[NO]'s desc is pretty tounge in cheek in regards to the absurd amount of staff they had in such a well defined group and how many from the group were actually involved in staff. Many of them actually having *very* lasting impacts on where toribash was heading. Not even a particularly thorough search will have you end up with multiple threads/discussions/rules/projects that were headed by and carried out along with people from [NO]. Granted, having so many fingers in one pie from a close knit group of people always starts some kind of "ugh they control everything" complaints from the not so content, and that's where the "NOlluminati" bit came from. So it's just that.

(When i mean well defined it was because A) they were all in the same clan for huge length of time. And B) they even had their own outside toribash hangouts irl and over places like teamspeak which they opened up to others on occasion.

Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Tbh [NO] is what made me post this thread

Fair.

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
if we're being real here bncy ought not be legendary too

fetishization of staff does not legendary make

Big eyeroll moment, but go nuts and pursue whatever narritive you want to write. You're just mad they thought you were shit and you couldn't figure out how to prove them wrong once.
Is there a nomination system like for user legends or are legendary clan decisions completely internalized

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة