ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
mwah, it's a 'debate' (it's an inquiry) about the standards of what it takes to be a legendary clan

Turns out there is no standard. No formalised criteria. Is all case-by-case. Which is fine (some things should be handled on a case-by-case basis), but it just means that there's no 'formula' for what it takes to be legendary, therefore, no way to really reverse-engineer why Inq didn't get legendary

In the process of attempting to reverse-engineer, the (stated) reasons why other clans achieved legendary status were examined and NO was one of them

Hope that cleared things up

what makes anything legendary? remarkable enough to be famous

so i guess you have to ask what makes inq remarkable in this community?
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
what makes anything legendary? remarkable enough to be famous

so i guess you have to ask what makes inq remarkable in this community?

Nice twist. A better question would be is, “what makes inq remarkable as a clan?” since you know, it’s a clan. Frankly, that’s a lot, Mwah. Just the the paper achievements alone are great.
-----
You make it sound like the only thing that matters are making changes and being staff.
Last edited by Greg; Dec 28, 2019 at 05:27 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
If you want an easy answer, it’s because “torilegends” are a circlejerk lmao

Give me a yellow name too, you cowards
Originally Posted by RAAAGE View Post
If you want an easy answer, it’s because “torilegends” are a circlejerk lmao

Diamond and TIcux being legends really goes against this narrative.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
I really didn't want to have to post on this thread, but I feel like I pretty much everything I can bring to the table has not been posted yet. Before I give my two cents, let me start off by stating that the overall tone in this thread has been at times very negative, passive-aggressive or straigth up disrespectful and going forward I hope that behaviour stops. Now let's get to it.

Originally Posted by basic View Post
what makes it remarkable come on answer the question

I'll keep this short, but notably:

- Winners of the 2008 Clan League
- Very, very old clan (it was alive for more than 10 years, which blows my mind when you compare with the average lifetime of a clan)

- Filled with many impactful members of the community throughout its lifespan (for example, the clan currently has 4 legendary members (Chris, Fnugget, Warhero and Hagan), many ex-staff members (Liquidoom (myself), Lightningkid, Huck, Uric, eightah, Lortexx, zwouter, Link, Aracoon, Nerti, HolyButler, Zoro, sham, Tim, Yiazmat and probably a few more).

I'm sure that older [i] members can add more to the list, but just with what I posted, you can clearly see that inquisition isn't your typical clan and it stands out when you compare it with the average official clan. It served as a pillar of the community throughout its lifetime because it was a clan of longstanding comprised of many members which had a lasting impact on the game or which helped shape it in the game we love. In my humble opinion, it should of been made legendary.

EDIT: The formatting seems to be all over the place for some reason, despite being clean in the text editor. Bug with the new forums?
Last edited by Liquidoom; Dec 28, 2019 at 04:17 PM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
I really didn't want to have to post on this thread, but I feel like I pretty much everything I can bring to the table has not been posted yet. Before I give my two cents, let me start off by stating that the overall tone in this thread has been at times very negative, passive-aggressive or straigth up disrespectful and going forward I hope that behaviour stops. Now let's get to it.

I'll keep this short, but notably:

- Winners of the 2008 Clan League
- Very, very old clan (it was alive for more than 10 years, which blows my mind when you compare with the average lifetime of a clan)

- Filled with many impactful members of the community throughout its lifespan (for example, the clan currently has 4 legendary members (Chris, Fnugget, Warhero and Hagan), many ex-staff members (Liquidoom (myself), Lightningkid, Huck, Uric, eightah, Lortexx, zwouter, Link, Aracoon, Nerti, HolyButler, Zoro, sham, Tim, Yiazmat and probably a few more).

I'm sure that older [i] members can add more to the list, but just with what I posted, you can clearly see that inquisition isn't your typical clan and it stands out when you compare it with the average official clan. It served as a pillar of the community throughout its lifetime because it was a clan of longstanding comprised of many members which had a lasting impact on the game or which helped shape it in the game we love. In my humble opinion, it should of been made legendary.

EDIT: The formatting seems to be all over the place for some reason, despite being clean in the text editor. Bug with the new forums?

Alpha has won a majority of the clan leagues and they aren't legendary (usually given upon the death of a clan though).
Evil is almost 14 years old and is still alive.
Having legendary members inside a clan doesn't make the clan itself legendary. I understand you could make the case that T was a legends clan, but they were known for more than just having a lot of legendary players.

The most important thing I'd like to bring up is that just because a clan isn't legendary, doesn't mean the clan will be forgotten.
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Nice twist. A better question would be is, “what makes inq remarkable as a clan?” since you know, it’s a clan. Frankly, that’s a lot, Mwah. Just the the paper achievements alone are great.
-----
You make it sound like the only thing that matters are making changes and being staff.

no i didn't say that, i just said this is the reason no is legendary, because more than half the members made a positive impact on the community in some way

tell me what are the paper achievements for inq (im not being facetious i really am not aware of inq's achievements)
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Being old doesnt warrant legend status.
Winning clan league doesn't warrant legend status.
Having legendary members doesn't warrant legend status.

A lot of their legendary members weren't even in inq during their prime. Hell, war_hero, a notable member of inq, wasn't even in the clan for a large portion of his career. Plus a portion of those players were in inq because they were in clans that were absorbed by inq in order to stay alive.
Last edited by Rfifan; Dec 28, 2019 at 05:27 PM.
Any of those reasons in isolation aren't a reason for legendary status yes, we ALL understand this. But they're not in isolation, are they? So let's stop analyzing it like they are.

You win clan league, you have legendary members, you stay alive for over a decade AND you're chock-a-block full of ex-staffers. Any of those reasons on their own aren't enough. Add them together and the combined weight of these achievements speaks to the remarkableness of this clan. As LiquidDoom said, Inq was pretty much always a pillar of the TB clan community - They defs deserve legendary status.

@Greg, as does Alpha when they die (Evil, not so sure)
Last edited by Ele; Dec 28, 2019 at 06:15 PM.