Toribash
Original Post
[REL/WiP] Torisports: Boxing

Introduction

This is a remake of Real Toriboxing released by Skazz and I about two years ago. Some of the main bugs/issues have been addressed through this new version as well as some upgrades to gameplay and overall appearance.

This is a beta which has been altered for singleplayer testing. (mostly the engagedistance)

Features

- Rotated Boxing ring to simulate the first encounter from the opening bell in a real boxing match (not included in the original versions)

- Weakened balance system which is much more realistic and effective than the primitive realtoriboxing version. (which was the first application of the balance system ever) This balance system is slightly stronger than the one in tsmma.tbm, allowing for effective ring movement but still requires proper stances when punching and defending in order to maintain balance.

- Altered Body Joints

This is a big feature.

Unlike the original version where the chest was the primary joint to generate power in your punches, the joints in the body and legs have been weakened and strengthened accordingly to provide an effective depiction of power punching in boxing.

In this remake, the chest has been weakened and rotates slower, preventing flailing as well as a loss of control during combos. Essentially, adding power to your punches requires involvement from your lumbar,abs as well as leg movement while the chest is a primary joint to control direction but secondary in terms of generating power.

- Elbows

A unique and intuitive concept in this mod is the change in the direction of movement in the elbows.

In the remake, the elbows move on the x-axis (like normal elbows and pecs) and the y-axis. (like normal shoulders)

Since the elbows move on two axes, a wider range of punches can be performed and existing punches look more realistic as the arm uncoils when punching from a guard.

Statistics

Here's the area where you can compare each weight class to find out which boxer suits your style of play. Unlike the previous toriboxing mods, difficulty increases with weight classes meaning, lightweight is best for beginners and heavyweight is for the experts of the mod.

Speed refers to how fast the boxer is able to step and dash as well as dodge incoming punches.

Stamina refers to the strength of the balance system vs. the weight of the boxer. a weaker balance system with a stronger puncher mimics fatigue and damage when taking punches.

Power refers to the density of the gloves which the boxer wears as well as the overall strength of every joint on the body.

Dexterity refers to knee and core strength which is responsible for changing stances, dodging punches and generating more power alongside arm strength.

Lightweight

Type: Fighter

Height: 5'9

Reach: 65'

Speed: ****
Stamina:****
Power: **
Dexterity:*****

Although the lightweight lacks in knockdown power, quick, precise blows from a wide variety of angles and unparalleled reaction time make up for any weaknesses.

(Specializes in Combinations and Defense)

Middleweight

Type: Boxer

Height: 6'1

Reach: 75'

Speed: **
Stamina: ***
Power: ****
Dexterity: ***

This boxer is most effective from mid-close range. Powerful when throwing all types of blows despite a lack of technical combination punching.

(Specializes in all types of punches and defensive techniques)

Heavyweight

Type: Slugger

Height 6'4

Reach 82'

Speed: *
Stamina: **
Power: *****
Dexterity: **

This type of boxer is the king of power and defense. The huge body and forearms allows for effective blocking when dodging isn't an option. Dense gloves combined with strong pecs make up for speed and balance with brute force. Virtually no combination punching but when you can knock someone down with one clean blow, you wouldn't need it.

(Specializes in haymaker hooks and uppercuts)

Changelog

Through this changelog, I will periodically post replays, ideas and updates as the mod nears completion after necessary testing.

2011/02/12: Released beta of the remake and posted replay showing a power straight

2011/02/15: Released tsboxing2.tbm which features preliminary body editing

2011/03/03: Released tsboxing3.tbm features:

- Extensive Aesthetic Body Modding
- Weakened Legs and Abs
- Minor Strength/Velocity Editing for Arms

2011/04/03 Released tsboxingmw.tbm and tsboxinglw.tbm features:

- Unique Bodytypes for each weight class
- Major Strength and Balance System Modifications

2011/04/22 Released tsboxinghw.tbm

- Finished the WIP Stage
Attached Files
tsboxinglw.tbm (7.3 KB, 100 views)
tsboxingmw.tbm (7.1 KB, 81 views)
tsboxinghw.tbm (7.2 KB, 62 views)
Last edited by Smilies2; Apr 24, 2011 at 02:48 AM.
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Very nice, you usually make all the realistic sport mods. Also could you tell me how to add it to my mods?
Just download the file by clicking on it and saving it to the mods folder in your toribash folder which is located in C:/Games/Toribash 3.9 on my PC

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Looks nice. I'll have to try it out later.
But just one question.
The elbows move on both the x and y axis... so if you extend/contract the elbow joint, does it apply force on one axis, and the other is in a permanent state of relax?
Or does it apply force on both axes?
force on both axes simultaneously. You should be able to tell from the movement through the three pictures in the first post.

F!#k'n eh Smilies ! I love your boxing mods lol They gave me some insperation to make bloodsport .
Well done buddy , keep it up !
V2 of the remake is available in the first post. This edition features initial body editing and experimenting such as:

- Realistic Body by resizing and moving the chest, breast, pecs and stomach to create a tough abdomen which can sustain more damage than direct joint contact

- Rotated cylinder biceps create the look of real biceps rather than the original square biceps

Be sure to provide C&C

V3 of the mod has been added to the first post featuring a slight change in the hands (slightly cylindrical now) to resemble boxing gloves and bigger biceps.

The lower body (specfically the abs and knees) have been weakened substantially in terms of strength. This was necessary to nullify kicking online and provide more control when choosing angles and defending against punches.

Also the weakened legs allow me to control the style of fighting when I move on to producing other bodytypes for weight divisions. A quicker lightweight will move easier due to stronger legs whereas a heavyweight may have even weaker legs than this, meaning you would have to set your feet before punching effectively.

Remember to provide C&C (Here's a replay showcasing some of the possibilities with V3)
Attached Files
5 hit combo.rpl (38.7 KB, 37 views)

After procrastinating for a month, I've decided to finish up the middleweight and lightweight mods which are available in the first post. Also, I updated the first post with info which you might need before playing either version.

Heavyweight Coming Soon

Oh man , Ive been waiting for this lol now these are the ultimate boxing mods .

one question , the gravity on mine seems to want to stay -9.00 and i have to change it .
what is the gravity that you put in it ? I usualy set it as -30.00