Toribash
Original Post
Third-party utility competition
Hello everyone.

After an influx of new users (And I hope coders) and a small capital investment from someone, I have decided to hold a competition.

Basically, it's like this. Everyone who wants to participate, donates as much tc as they can spare (any amount is fine), and begins coding...a third-party utility for Toribash. This can be anything.

NOTE: Tell me when you're donating, and when you're participating. You may donate without participating.

For example (What I am working on currently):

http://www.toribash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15253 -- TBMonitor. The logging and services bot for Toribash servers.

And a widget of some sort that shows your current rank, belt, etc easily.

What do I mean by the 'best' one? Well, the most useful. The best thought-out. At the end of the competition, I will make a public poll (or a private if the public one is unfair to you) with all the utilities, and the one with the most votes wins the pot.

Donators so far:

hampa (indirectly so to speak)
Ishi
Slith
Archlurps
SlainVeteran
veb
suomynona

Participants so far:

Jok.
suomynona
SlainVeteran

Pot size: 252,718 toricredits.

The length of the competition is undetermined, and will be determined once we get participants, so we know about how much time everyone needs.

You may participate with as many utilities as you want.

You are allowed to use any programming language you want, however the utility must be third-party. NO Lua scripts.

Note: You may not release the source code during the competition.

If you have any questions about the way to connect to Toribash servers or other such things, feel free to ask me, or hampa, or whoever else knows about it.

Discuss.
Last edited by Jok; Nov 7, 2007 at 07:27 AM.
Thanks for explaining, but I can't code. Can we just come up with the idea instead?
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

"In the end, it is always good,
If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

Total RedDevil Special Cookies Gained: 3
Total Cookies Gained: 1
I assume you could share your idea with a good coder, and if he does it and wins, you could share the winnings.

But entering with just an idea would be useless. Even moreso, because everyone would participate with stuff like "OMG SRV WHR NO N00BS NRY1 GET FR33 CR3DZ!1111!!111"
Well I have a great idea if any one is willing to be the coder and we can split earnings 55 45. I get 45% since I though of the gret Idea, and you get 55% for coding. Believe me. It is a great idea.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

Updating. I have a great I dea for a code. I get 20% you get 80% of money if we win. This is a great idea I belive and it is worthy winning.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

I have a nice idea but I can't code. Does anyone want my idea? =)
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Locked for a later date.

Just not enough willing coders right now.

(Donation money sent back to everyone)