Toribash
Re: Toribash to POV-Ray Tutorial
Well, I basically just keep reloading the original file and then tweaking the color values slightly differently, to try and find the little bit that says "make everything black and irreversible"... but I haven't found it as of yet.

And I really don't know where some of the values fit in... I found one labeleb something like "rgb < r, g, b>" which I figure means something like "do not change rgb settings for this part" while still typing it in so the program doesn't mess up when it can't find rgb settings for that part, and I haven't tried subbing numbers yet... aargh. I think I'm actually going to have to just change each little value one by one until I know what they all do.

If only I had more time... it's been Monday for a half-hour already and I have school in 6 and a half hours.

Note: This is how I learned Photoshop, but Photoshop says things like "grayscale" and "bas relief" instead of "phong" and "specular". Seriously, what the hell is "phong"?

I just figured my problem out.

Let's say I'm rendering to whatever acidbath.inc thingy, right? I change that to say "test.txt" and hit alt+g. It still looks like acidbath. I think the irreversability stemmed from... me not saving the file when I render. As you probably already know, any changes you make must be saved before rendering in order for them to take effect.

I feel stupid again, but at least I fixed my own problem.

[edit]I forgot there was that "modify" button... now I feel stupid again.[/edit]
:o
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
lol breakfast!
you can set it yo autosave any changes you make.
rgb values should generally be ok to change, im also a ps user to so i use 105/255 that format, easiest to follow...
you can also change 'rgb' to 'rgbt', add a fourth value and get transparancy!
another tip is really to check the help file, its actually pretty good, with examples you can copy directly to your inc file and such
well i usually have the same attitude as you, but pov-rays "interface" is not exactly user friendly ;)
ok let me intro (double) duce myself im a noob on this site but not on toribash why doesent POVray work on intel macs? it started up for a second and it quit. IN other words: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"We need to cook."