ES Recruitment Drive
Re: The clan league
This is the thread you're looking for

Especially you Manbreakfast, it wouldn't be hard to get a couple of people into a CBK team. I've spoken to heaps of people in the game who are good players and keen on the idea, but can't be bothered organising a team. If people show that they're willing to do that then I'm sure people will come a'knockin.

Unfortunately there's only one guy posted in there who is looking for a team thus far, but I know Spazzy, he's good people and has claimed some pretty big scalps with his bizarro style. It'd be worth PM'ing him. KwOmp would love to join but he's over here in Australia with me so he'd miss the matches due to the requirement for sleep. If a few of you guys posted in that thread with a "looking for members/team" post, I'm sure you'd get replies (and I really need some life in that thread, it's one of my strategems for growing the league into 2 divisions by season 2).

I'm seriously over the moon to hear you guys talking about forming your own teams outside of the clan. That's kind of the idea behind the league, to give everyone a chance to get together and mingle. To turn Toribash into something with more depth than endless 1on1 bouts. Most of the old clans are largely inactive or change membership/leaders on a daily basis because there's nothing for them to do or work towards. Having the Torigod dudes spread out a bit should make it a bit more of a scrap at the top of the table and the Toribowl should be very interesting. Also, teams will be paid 1,000 credits for each match they win and the thought of a team paying Hamster large amounts to come and play for them is quite awesome (although I doubt Hamster is that money driven).

Plus if you guys give me two teams instead of the one I was expecting then that's only two more teams I need to get for our full compliment of 10, if I got them quickly enough I could start the league as early as this coming weekend.
I'm in, after I get back from states.

I say no for spreading out torigod members around many groups. It seems a bit silly, because this is a great change to actually play together as a clan.

If your clan has so few active members, why don't you just join Torigod if you want to play with us Manbreakfast?
But I'm not against Torigod band feat. special guest Waffelboy, if other clan members like that idea.
"Well, nevermind. We are ugly, but we have the music." -Leonard Cohen
Penguin raises a good point. If you guys all joined as a single uberteam then I know where the smart money would be on the eventual Toribowl champion.

If you spread out, some of you guys would have to miss out on the grand prize, at least for a season.

On the other hand, it would be great to have a sort of AC Milan/Inter Milan thing going on. The rivalry would be epic.
Yes. If he had two teams that would be awesome, but I'm afraid we don't currently have enough active members for two teams.

I'm expecting more people, but so far members that have anounced to participate are:
Juntalis
Mowtendoo
Patrick
Zaarock
Me

+Wannabe member (doen'st admit it to himself yet)- Waffelboy ;)

"Well, nevermind. We are ugly, but we have the music." -Leonard Cohen
Well, I'm sure you're aware Im completely loyal to my own clan. veb even invited me to Bouncy.. i declined

I'd gladly join you in the League if you have any spots left by the time you send in the application.

& stop calling me Waffleboy :
You scheming little waffleboy :@
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
I can participate if you need more members for the team
Originally Posted by veb
You scheming little waffleboy :@

"Scheming"? Hardly. I'm just a nice person, and only really ask for things once in a while. Besides, where would everyone be without me? Everyone knows I'm the metaphorical giant thingy holding all these other giant metaphorical thingies together.
May I say something? Waffleboy here was the driving force (And drove quite nicely by the way) of getting SyN officialized. And as far as I know he's a wicked player/person.