Ranking
Original Post
Need some help with disc drive
So I have the crappiest computer of all time and I just found out that it can't read dvd's only Cd's.What makes this suck so bad is that I was just about to finally be able to play some ps2 backups on a my ps2. So I need a way to get my dick drive to read dvd's and if it can't be done whats the low cost solution to get a new disc drive?My drive is a HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B.
Formerly Fourfive
You need to get a drive capable of reading DVDs. Shouldn't cost more than 20$/€ maybe even less.
Clan Blood Leader
$20 for a disc drive at what store? and will installation be a problem if it's a 9yr old computer?
Formerly Fourfive
Originally Posted by f3vr View Post
So I have the crappiest computer of all time and I just found out that it can't read dvd's only Cd's.What makes this suck so bad is that I was just about to finally be able to play some ps2 backups on a my ps2. So I need a way to get my dick drive to read dvd's and if it can't be done whats the low cost solution to get a new disc drive?My drive is a HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B.

where is the prob do u whant to play ps2 games from ur hard drive on the ps2?
My hard drive cant detect ps2 games because there dvd's that is the start of the problem.
Formerly Fourfive
get a dvd drive
a cd drive can only read cd's not dvd's
a dvd drive and read cd;s and dvd;s
I know that that's why I'm asking for help.
What dvd drive would be compatible witn my computer,
Formerly Fourfive
Originally Posted by f3vr View Post
$20 for a disc drive at what store? and will installation be a problem if it's a 9yr old computer?

Pretty much any shop, look at internet stores first, might find nice deals. DVD drives are pretty cheap nowadays.
And installation shouldn't be a problem, however I can't say for sure.
Clan Blood Leader
there is a ide dvd drive and a sata dvd drive

all the new pc have sata and the od pc have ide

i thingk ur pc is ide
take ur pc to a pc store and say they sude put it