Ranking
Original Post
Advanced control options-multiplayer
I'm wondering if it would be possible to consider a hot key that could open advanced tori control before you end your turn. This would make it so you could hold down a hot key or toggle this option, and when activated, clicking any joints now causes new functions and would reflect in the ghost as normal changes currently do. This wouldn't be appreciated so much by the average players, but to people who know the game well it could add a whole new layer of depth to the game giving much more control and tons of new possibilities.

For example:

-Hold hot key for advanced control then click and hold to alter/activate a delay before the joint executes its action (contract, extend, etc.) You could hold and drag to the right or left to see numbers representing delayed frames go up and down, and see the delay in the ghost.

-You could right click a joint to cycle relax/hold/contract/extend, and this would cause the joint to change during your move halfway through the turn frames. That way you could, lets say, Extend your hip the first 25 frames, then it will contract in the next 25 frames in a single turn of wushu3.tbm

It is probably a bit complicated to accomplish, but this would add a lot more to the gameplay for those of us who would use it
[RelaxAll]
I have thought it would be nice to be able to use shift space in multiplayer (this was playing tk so 1 turn skips would be easily sufficient)

However I think this would change the game too much so almost certainly wont be implemented
I do know what you mean but i think it would for the most part change nothing. There aren't loads of situations where this would be used, but when you do need it, it could be the difference between a win and a loss
[RelaxAll]
This would make turn frames a bit redundant though. That is one of the only problems I see with this idea.
Good morning sweet princess
The number of turn frames would still denote how many frames passed between each turn and also how many turns there are in a game therefore the length of the game, so turn frames would not be redundant

But I do stand by my original point, it might be cool though if it was optional and it could definitely be useful for spars where the turn frames are set at a constant 10
This takes away from pretty much the entire purpose of multiplayer.
Why bother learning how to control your tori effectively enough to be able to make no mistakes, get perfect hits despite having to deal with a gap of 10 or 20 frames between each move when you can just correct any mistakes as you go.

Literally defeats the entire purpose of mp, except sparring, if you're trying to make perfect movements. However if you really need to do that you can just set tf to 1 for spars.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I don't think it will defeat the purpose of multiplayer as it would still be hard to pull off slick moves or move fuildly enough to get good power, but I do think it is too big of a change right now
Anyone with a bad mouse or a MacBook track-pad would probably suffer as a result of all the frantic right click spamming everyone would be doing.
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
I don't think it will defeat the purpose of multiplayer as it would still be hard to pull off slick moves or move fuildly enough to get good power, but I do think it is too big of a change right now

not as hard as you think. It is infinitesmally easier to pull off amazing moves when you're using shift+p as opposed to regular movements. It will always be too big of a change.
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Anyone with a bad mouse or a MacBook track-pad would probably suffer as a result of all the frantic right click spamming everyone would be doing.

or you could just use wasd to move the camera and not be an idiot
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
It takes longer to do accurate camera movement than it does to just aim with the mouse, maybe the problem simply lies with the controls he chose, (right clicking while moving the mouse quickly takes a little more time on mac-book trackpads since your computer thinks you are trying to scroll or exit the window). Although move making speed has always depended a little on the mouse and keyboard you use, this would make move making speed a lot more vital to the point where actual experience and knowledge of the game might no longer determine who wins (not that they always do in current toribash, but at least they help a lot).