Toribash
View Poll Results: What form of government suggested is best?
devil1337's suggestion
1 Votes / 16.67%
LWafflez's suggestion
5 Votes / 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
[TAF]Separation of Powers and Checks and Balances
In lieu of the recent complaints against my leadership abilities, I propose that we establish systems of separation of powers and checks and balances. For those that haven't studied US history:

Separation of Powers - the splitting of a sovereign government into several branches.

Checks and Balances - a system in which the different branches of a sovereign government are able to amend and veto actions of the other branches; established in order to prevent one branch from becoming too powerful.

In this thread, please post your opinions on this idea and the different branches we could split the leadership between.
I like this. I am learning civics and this seems like a great idea to get some in-depth knowledge. Supported, etc.
It's. . . been too long.
Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post
I like this. I am learning civics and this seems like a great idea to get some in-depth knowledge. Supported, etc.

That.

Side Note: We should have Branch Wars with special mods for each Branch.

Air Force: Jousting
Army: Bamboo Fight?
Navy: No idea
Former Toribasher. Never any good though.
Rest in peace Tint.
Great. We need to assign certain responsibilties to each branch, so that there is something to check.
Last edited by Ray; Mar 9, 2011 at 12:59 AM.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Referring to this Ray^

Irony. Pure Irony.

XD
Former Toribasher. Never any good though.
Rest in peace Tint.
Originally Posted by hkp326 View Post
Um Navi Branch,airy branch and mili branch?

What? Also, who checks who?
Is this basically ranks?
DAMN.
You people need to improve on your literary abilities. Allow me to translate it into some slang dribble that you can understand.

Separation of Powers - when a government is split into several branches(government, not military)

Checks and Balances - made to prevent one branch of government from becoming too powerful.
I know what that means, but you need a branch or rank to check another branch or rank to balance out the separation of powers.
DAMN.