Toribash
Original Post
A section for gambling TC and quickselling.
I believe this has been suggested before but I was unable to find the original thread and I really liked the idea so I am trying to get it noticed again.

Aight so I and many other TC gambling users would appreciate a section on the forums for gambling TC and items. This doesn't have to be anything extravagant; a coin flip game or a jackpot would be pretty cool to have.

A coin flip would just involve you and another user risking the same amount of TC with a 50% chance to almost double it. I say almost because a portion of the TC will be sunk e.g. a 50k coinflip would sink 10k (20%) and a 100k coinflip would sink 20k. So basically 20% is always deleted.

Jackpot would just be a wheel with slots for each player taking part (like a pie chart). You can improve your chances of winning by increasing your TC bet or adding higher value items (this increases the size of your slot). Everything in the jackpot would be sent to the winner but likewise to the coinflip, 20% of the TC will be sunk. Users should also be able to win items at a higher qi then what they are at.

Now as for quickselling, a user may not want an item they win in the jackpot. A quicksell feature could be useful. This is a section that lets you trade your item in for 50% of what it is worth in the market for instant TC. It could also just be useful in general. The item would get re-stocked onto the torishop.

I am trying to bring a way to sink TC at the same time here with this idea.
blue
pink
Oh, thanks Kradel for putting together all of these. They all have gotten positive feedback in the past and it's nice to have them all in the same place so we can discuss whether gambling as a whole should be implemented rather than what kind.
I think I might be retired.
I don't personally like the idea I don't really see a point in encouraging gambling.

however if I don't use it I wouldn't mind it as long as it didn't affect me
you'll have to rise above the best and prove yourself, your spirit never dies.
Normally I'd agree, but thankfully toribash has a free currency. There is no real money being forced into the gambling and as such doesn't encourage unhealthy habits. If anything it's a safe introduction to what gambling is like to our youth without them risking their own skin just to have the experience.
people will go crazy to buy tc immediately or even put up usd vs the things, theres nothing to avoid this from happening
While I don't necessarily agree that it'll be nearly that severe, I agree that that is a possibility. Is that really that big of a deal, though? Even if our community starts throwing money into the gamble monster, Nabi will still get some profit. Whether that's good or not (read: whether Nabi is really putting all their effort into this game or not) is a little up in the air, but overall the money could be going to worse places.
@iTemp it is restricted to TC & items only but if people do start buying TC to use, like Grohen said, that wouldn't be a bad thing for Nabi.

I feel people will bring this up to so; as for allowing people under 18 to gamble, it's all fake currency. If you are buying currency and are under 18, you shouldn't have a paypal account in the first place. It is all at your own risk.
blue
pink
Gambling is an addiction, weather your using a fake currency or not. If some little kid starts to gamble and gets addicted, they will probably start gambling with real money and throwing that away aswell. Honestly, saying "it's at your own risk" isn't good enough for me, The fact of the matter is they could easily bypass that system and gamble. Gambling can be a terrible addiction and Internet gambling is insanely hard to regulate. I really hope nothing like this ever gets implemented.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
The thrill of gambling is what makes it addicting. I really don't see the thrill in having a chance to win random items to customize your tori with. He'll I'd say the game itself is more thrilling and addicting than gambling ever was for me. While real life gambling can certainly lead to issues, I don't think you can lump these two together. They simply aren't one and the same.

I'd like to further state that you can't assume a person's actions in the future. If someone smokes pot to help combat their mental or physical distress, you can't just say "they're going to start doing cocaine soon". It's demeaning to those people to think that they don't have the restraint to keep what they're doing from being a problem, while what they are doing makes them feel better or brings them joy.
Last edited by Grohenbird; Oct 14, 2016 at 02:02 PM.