Ranking
Original Post
Raspberry PI
Hey guys, I recently found out about this mini computer (Size of my palm) and I wanted to show you guys in case you didn't know about it. It has been out for around a year now I think and it seems very good. It is only 35$!! (For the good one) It also runs on Linux! This is a MUST GET!!

Link- http://downloads.element14.com/raspb...P=raspi-org-hp
Proud Leader Of Onyx
I have known about it for ages man. It was a hot topic on plenty of major linux forums. I am going to get one soon, you can buy custom cases for it and stuff. I'm going to get one, and upgrade the hardware on it as best as I can and make it a tiny gaming computer. XD

It is so cute. I bought one for my friend and he uses it as a gaming server. (And an FTP server.)

Also, you actually care about Linux? This is great news!
Last edited by Regent101; Feb 24, 2013 at 01:59 AM.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
Originally Posted by Regent101 View Post
I have known about it for ages man. I am going to get one soon, you can buy custom cases for it and stuff. I'm going to get one, and upgrade the hardware on it as best as I can and make it a tiny gaming computer. XD

It is so cute. I bought one for my friend and he uses it as a gaming server. (And an FTP server.)

Also, you actually care about Linux? This is great news!

Lol yeah, and sorry to say dude but no.. I don't give 2 shits about Linux XD That was what I was also planning on doing. I'll Be playing Minecraft and Toribash all day, everyday on it XD I saw alot of the accessories too.
Proud Leader Of Onyx
Aw damn. :O

What my Dad reckons I should do is buy it, then upgrade it one part at a time, until it eventually becomes a decent gaming computer. It sounds difficult, but do-able.

(Difficult because of the actual base size, so really, I won't be able to actually use it until I am finished.)
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
RISC OS was recently ported to it, so you can turn it into a super-powered retro machine if you want to.

IMO hold off buying one for the moment though, a new version is due out soon.

Just remember that stuff has to be made to run on ARM, so the majority of *nix stuff wont work on it unless someone feels like porting.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
So you're saying that you could use this thing and turn it into a mini arcade? Sign me up.
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
RISC OS was recently ported to it, so you can turn it into a super-powered retro machine if you want to.

IMO hold off buying one for the moment though, a new version is due out soon.

Just remember that stuff has to be made to run on ARM, so the majority of *nix stuff wont work on it unless someone feels like porting.

Yeah, I might wait for the new version too. I'm fine with porting
Proud Leader Of Onyx
Originally Posted by Gh0stz View Post
Yeah, I might wait for the new version too. I'm fine with porting

porting sounds cool but what does this makes sense
.................just.......no..........